Top New Shows For The 2007-2008 Season

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
Travis Yanan, of Marc Berman's Program Insider in Mediaweek magazine has seen all of the pilots from the approximately 30 new shows set for the Fall new season. He has posted in The Programmer Insider forum what he believes to be his top ten new shows for the Fall as follows :

Here's my Top 10 "I enjoyed this very much" List (from the pilots actually scheduled to air).

10) Journeyman. If you can get past the jarring and confusing opening minutes, there's some great emotional payoff. The lead actor is fantastic. But... I worry that it's too close to Quantum Leap without being as good. Also, it'd be nice to get a hint at why this thing is happening.

9) Bionic Woman. Michelle Ryan is not the next Jennifer Garner. If this show were about Katie Sackoff's character, it'd probably be 5 or 6 slots higher. But some great production values and visuals.

8) Miss/Guided. There's just something about Judy Greer... she's utterly irresistible. This show could easily be the not-quite-as-good ******* child of Arrested Development and The Office.

7) Private Practice. I gotta say, I'm really curious what they do with it. My love affair with the Addison character will hopefully expand to include her new friends. After all, this is from the same people who made me fall in love with McDreamy's cheating wife. Instead of having to come up with a two-hour pilot while making a season of television, there's a self-contained writing staff with months to make this show what it could, potentially, be.

6) Sarah Connor Chronicles. Only rated "so lowly" because, as you'll eventually see if it remains the same, the pilot doesn't really tell you what the series is going to be like... also, the pilot was REALLY expensive, reportedly, and you can be sure the series won't have as high a budget per episode.

5) Big Shots. Great cast. Not as satirical or tongue-in-cheek as Desperate Housewives' first season (let alone pilot), so a notch below that... but it's a comedic guilty pleasure soap opera. And, really, who needs anything more than that after the emotional rollercoaster of Grey's Anatomy?

4) Big Bang Theory. The second best of the "geek" shows... and the funniest multi-cam sitcom pilot I've seen in some time. Hopefully they can keep it as endearing and with the same high hit-to-miss joke ratio.

3) Chuck. I have no idea if it can live up to its pilot... I have no idea if it has a target audience NBC can sell it to (especially given its timeslot competition)... but I know it's one of the most thoroughly enjoyable pilots of the year. A real surprise (considering how much I hated the script I read).

2) Dirty, Sexy, Money. Guilty pleasure, thy abbreviation is DSM. On the converse, it could very, very easily fall flat in the second episode. Neither DSM nor Big Shots really pulled off the "tranny hooker" plotline, so I hope that plot gets eliminated by the end of each's second episode.

1) Pushing Daisies. Get your "Save Pushing Daisies" campaign ready because if you watch it, you will fall in love. Even though I found it oddly impossible to emotionally connect to the main characters, the show is just so... quaint and different and wonderful.

I'm suprised that the new Fox show Back to You with Kellsey Grammer is not in the top 10. The clips they have shown look good, and all his shows have been quite successful.

I'll likely focus on Journeyman, The Sarah Conners Chronicles and The Bionic Woman since I watched Quantum Leap, The Terminator movies and The Six Million Dollar Man / Bionic Woman show's... and (Starbuck ;) is in one of the new shows)

I will also give Private Practice a chance. Hopefully it will have the same intelligent writing as Greys.

What is the one with Christina Applegate? Samantha.......

I'm suprised that the new Fox show Back to You with Kellsey Grammer is not in the top 10. The clips they have shown look good, and all his shows have been quite successful.

his last sketch comedy show was a ratings dud.

Is it weird that I actually cheered for the evil bionic woman when they fight? I was going.. go Starbuck! You show her! :D

I wanted the evil Starbuck to win also, now we know why she was missing a couple episodes of BSG, probably to make the pilot. It should work well with her if they do not start the next season of BSG until 2008, can do half the first season of BW before going back to BSG.

Here is a new sitcom from Two and Half Men creator, Chuck Lorre, called The Big Bang Theory. All the critics who have seen the pilot love it. They are saying it is really funny. This show could be a real big hit. See here for clips of the show :

The Big Bang Theory on CBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts