Topeka, KS HD locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nonamehawk

Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I have read this board for some time but never posted. It is amazing that reading a publicly available message board makes you more informed than the majority of the paid employees at E*.

Anyway, the Charlie Chat caps showed that Topeka, KS HD would be available on 12/11 along with Tulsa's locals. Well, the Tulsa HD locals were uplinked but not Topeka. I noticed last week that Topeka CBS affliate was uplinked to 61.5 and was available last week before Charlie Chat. So far, no NBC or ABC which also transmit HD signals. Is the one uplinked HD local what they were talking about? :confused: Are there any other DMAs that E* claims to have HD locals with only one channel available? Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
nonamehawk

:welcometo SatGuys, nonamehawk!

Yeah, it's kind of unusual to only have one network in a DMA in HD, but not un-heard of. They're probably working on the others of the "big 4."

Brad

I know the DMA I moved from (Joplin, MO / Pittsburg, KS) Dish was only going to uplink CBS and FOX no NBC or ABC wize choice there. :) I think several of the smaller markets when they do an uplink there may only be 1 or 2 of the "Big 4." My current DMA Tulsa just got uplinked earlier this week. We didn't get FOX but we got ABC, CBS, & NBC. Hope this info helps.

I doubt we will see the 'Big 4' in HD for Topeka on Dish for quite some time. Fox43 isn't even broadcasting HD OTA and I haven't heard if they ever intend to do so. Fox43 is a low power UHF OTA station. The way I read the rules, the digital transition doesn't apply to low power UHF stations. I could be wrong in that regard and accept any corrections to my interpretation of the digital switchover issue.

I am in luck, as I live north of Topeka and pick up both Topeka and Kansas City OTA HD transmissions. Last count, I have 32 OTA digital stations.

In anticipation of the the frequent question: Yes, my 622 and 722 both receive program guide info for all of the channels i receive OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts