Tosh Price Drop on the Way

The upcoming (A2 and XA2) models are expected to have HDMI 1.3 and 1080p too.
They are not announced yet. But I will not be surprised to see them this Thursday at CEDIA EXPO in Denver. Stay tuned... ;)

gizzer777 said:
100 units does not a stampede make...Robert...you are a good vendor but plz remember you are dealing with a VERY small sampling of the market...Videophiles!

I believe I heard the same discussion when the price was $499...NO INSULT INTENDED!

No offense taken. Thanks for your nice way of posting.

I know as high as my volume is it is just a very small sample of the overall market. Remember though I stated only a few days of sales and also referenced what I wanted everyone to extrapolate their own estimated numbers for all of the other retailers I listed.

This is a large marketplace even for the early adopters.

-Robert

Ilya said:
The upcoming (A2 and XA2) models are expected to have HDMI 1.3 and 1080p too.
They are not announced yet. But I will not be surprised to see them this Thursday at CEDIA EXPO in Denver. Stay tuned... ;)

Actually, the A2 is 1080i and the XA2 is expected to support 1080p.

I also believe we will see them as well as more HD DVD manufacturers at CEDIA.

CEDIA is begins on 9/14 at 10:00 AM MST and I plan on having whatever information is available from Toshiba on my site and posted here within minutes of the show opening. Then I will go to any and all exhibitors who are offering HD DVD players.

My next visit will be Panasonic, Sony and Pioneer to see the Blu-ray products and of course, I'll post whatever I learn.

After I complete the HD DVD and Blu-ray manufacturers I'll take care of my normal CEDIA vendor visits and training.

-Robert

Thanks for the update, Robert!
See you on the show floor!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)