Toshiba DVD HD-A2 Buying Experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Read about the sale on one of Scott's posts, called the Wal-Mart, and picked up one up within the hour. Actually, I made two trips to assist other purchasers and both visits went smoothly.

Funny side story...While waiting to checkout during the second visit, we noticed two CC employees with A2s tucked under their arms. Seems like they couldn't get the same deal from CC and rushed over to Wal-Mart during their lunch break.

Well made a trip to Woodward, OK to visit family this morning and low and behold WalMart there had 40 sitting on an endcap. I left with four of them for myself and family members. They didn't have the movies though.

My buddy and I went down to Walmart in Chelmsford, MA at 8am (we didn't realize they opened at 7) and the sales guy said they were all gone shortly after it opened. Saw several other people buzzing around/searching thru the electronics section as well, and then left when they heard the associate tell us they were out. We went to another store in Tewksbury about 10mins away and they had 1 left with a line of about 30 people (waiting for that and the other deals.) Called Hudson, Nashua and Lunenburg, MA stores (at 8:15) in the area and all others were sold out as well. Finally we found one literally in the middle of no where in Gardner that still had about a dozen left when we got there as well as laptops, etc. We saw several people walking out with laptops but not the DVD players. Looked at us kind of funny when we mentioned we drove 45mins to get there. I did not see any of the HD-DVD titles on sale, but I did get their last Transformers on HD-DVD.

-Mike

I got to the store at about 12:30 PM and saw a guy carting one out then so I was hopeful they had more. I walked through the store and twice through the electronics dept. and couldn't see any on display, endcap, etc. I didn't ask anyone (guy thing). Then I saw a lady in a line at the electronics checkout with one in her cart and asked her where she got it. She replied that you had to ask (duuhhhh!) at the counter and she was getting another one. So I queued-up behind her. We each got one which they apparently had behind the counter. I didn't see any pile of them, but there may have been more in back. No idea how many they had initially or when I got mine. No hassles. In and out in about 15-min., net of the time I wasted looking around for the unit itself and for the apparently non-existent discounted HD DVDs...

Went to the closest Wal-Mart to my route to work, and got there around 7:30. There was already a line of about 15 people in front of me and a stack of only 10 players, but it was hard to tell who was in line for that vs. the laptop, and a couple of the employees hinted that they were expecting more and/or had more in the back, so I waited it out.

At about 5 til 8, they had us split into two lines, one for the laptop and one for the A2. A few people split off into the other line and I started counting, since I still hadn't seen more than the original 10 players show up. I was 10th in line! Then, a few minutes later, they brought out like 30 more laptops, and this guy who was with his friend (who was in my line) but had stayed in the laptop line apparently decided he was now safe with his laptop purchase and moved back over with his buddy into the A2 line, making me 11th in line. NOOOOOO!!! I considered complaining, but I doubt the two little girls working behind the counter at Wal-Mart are going to do anything, so I let it go, and sure enough, they sold the last one to the guy in front of me and said they weren't getting any more.

I spent the entire morning at work fuming and trying to find the next lowest price I could find, and in the process found out about the Fry's deal (of course, Fry's is like 5 minutes from my house but I didn't know about it) - called them, but they were sold out. Called most of the other Wal-Marts in the metro area, and they were sold out.

Finally, around 1:00, after reading some of the posts on here about people finding them just laying around in rural stores, I called one that was the opposite direction and in a small town, and sure enough the lady said "we have three left and they're not going that fast." I got in my car and went, and although I got a little lost and took over 45 minutes to get there, they still had three when I arrived, and I got mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)