Toshiba Firmware v. 1.4 update is available!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is important enough to have its own thread. The previous update is discussed in the following thread: OFFICIAL Toshiba firmware 1.2 update NOW AVAILABLE!

The V1.4 update is cumulative: it includes all previous fixes. It applies to all Toshiba HD DVD players: HD-A1, HD-D1 and HD-XA1.

Here is what's fixed according to Toshiba:

1. Improves HDMI (and DVI) connectivity.
(If you are still experiencing HDMI/DVI connectivity problems after this update, please call Toshiba Customer Solutions at 1-800-319-6684)

2. Addresses various playability issues.

3. Addresses the issue with a high frequency noise when switching on the power while connected to some TVs via HDMI.

Check the Support section of Toshiba's website for update instructions. As before, you have two choices: you can download and install the update by connecting your HD DVD player to the Internet, or you can request a firmwared update disc from Toshiba.

The update is not yet available (even though they posted the information about it). I changed the thread title accordingly.
I just talked to Toshiba and they said it should become available soon, but they don't have the exact date. Can be later today or can be next week...

The update is now available! I am downloading it now.

Ok. I am on version 1.4 now! Looks like the boot time has been improved. Not much: by about 10 seconds.
Haven't noticed any other changes yet, but I really didn't have any HDMI problems before, so I can't say if this is fixed or not.
Version 1.2 worked flawlessly for me, but I decided to update to 1.4 anyway, what the heck.
The update took about 45 minutes. No settings (e.g. video mode or speaker configuration) were lost in the process.

It blinks two-three times in the process, switcing the mode or something, but my TV set has no broblems with that.

Coax Digital Audio

Since I downloaded 1.4 to my XA 1 , it is now sending a bitstream that allows my my receiver to process DOLBY DIGITAL !

Before it was DTS , ONLY!

Anyone else observe this?

Chris

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am getting DTS, as before. (Which is fine with me.)
What disc are you playing? Are you sure it's not a standard DVD?

I too can now use the "THX Ultra 2" setting on at least one of my HD-DVD movies, which is U-571. Before it was mandatory that I use the DTS mode via the coax digital connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)