Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player ?

jason1213

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
hello i am getting my Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player on weds i paid 380 for this unit i also joined netflix i am getting 3 movies i am hooking this unit up to a 60" UltraVision hitachi lcd projection tv my tv has a dvi connection i have a hdmi to dvi cable that came with my dtv hd tivo will this cable work or should i get the monster dvi to hdmi cable i am replacing my sony dvd sacd 5 disc dvd player with this toshiba will i be happy with this player what should i look for when i get this player is it hard to set up should i update firmware

Yes, you should be able to use your existing cables.
HD-A1 cannot play SACD format, so don't through your Sony away ;)
If the player comes with an old firmware, yes, go ahead and update it to 1.4
I am sure you will love your new player! Great price, by the way!

Welcome to the forum!

thanks i have 1 more ? how shuold i hook the sound up i have a marantz sr5600 receiver i have my sony hooked up with Coaxial should i hook this up the same how is the picture quilty on this hd dvd player compared to a reg dvd player will i see hd picture quality thanks great forum

For the best possible sound quality with HD DVD titles I would recommend using 5.1 analog cables (that's what you should be using for SACD too).
The next step down would be digital coax or toslink optical. For further details check the following thread:
How to connect HD DVD player to your A/V receiver

And yes, you will get a stunning HD picture out of this player, much better than any other TV source available today, assuming you have an HDTV set and you are playing HD DVDs. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts