Toshiba plans to cut MSRP on HD DVD titles.

I hadn't heard that Warner had actually come out and publicly stated that they would lean toward whoever sold more discs this season. That explains why we've been seeing all of these crazy sales on both sides (discs and hardware) the last month or so - they're both trying to push up their numbers as much as possible.

By the way, very creative use of one of the smallest points in the article as your thread title just to make your format look better. :)

This story was poorly researched and an example of incompetent journalism. The obvious question here is when did Toshiba start setting prices for movies? Did anyone ask this before spreading this nonsense about? People, think before you post...phew.

This story was poorly researched and an example of incompetent journalism. The obvious question here is when did Toshiba start setting prices for movies? Did anyone ask this before spreading this nonsense about? People, think before you post...phew.

He brings up a good point.

I don't think undercutting movies is a fight Tosh can win against Sony, with Sony being an actual studio.

Either way, bring it on Slobodan! I'd love to see movied @ $15 by year's end!

What if Toshiba decides to cut the price of the HD-DVD disc by enough to allow the studios to cut their prices by $2.00? This seems to be the only area left for toshiba to undercut BluRay as BluRay players are getting down to HD-DVD prices this XMAS.

What if Toshiba decides to cut the price of the HD-DVD disc by enough to allow the studios to cut their prices by $2.00? This seems to be the only area left for toshiba to undercut BluRay as BluRay players are getting down to HD-DVD prices this XMAS.

What??$199?? The ONLY BD player I've seen priced competitivly was a refurbished Philips machine from their outlet. Venturer has an MSRP of $199, and Wally's selling them for less than that.