Toshiba TRX-1500 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ibbis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
not from but in central Mexico
I have a Toshiba TRX-1500 receiver. What can I do with this?
It says: Built-in Videocipher RS with integrated VideoPal Order Recorder.
If you look from the back, you can see a huge pit with a slot inside, for connecting some kind of card.

May I use this receiver for something or is it just junk?
May I see Digicipher 2 or somethin else with this?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.. The receiver you have is for C-band, the slot is for the VCII module that descrambles programming the video pal is the modem that calls home when you order Ppv programs... needs a module to get any scrambled feeds, will not get Dc2 but will get what ever feeds are in the clear. This receiver should have a red, blue and white terminals in the back that will operate you H/V servo motor... (from your other post)

The point is that I want to get some channels from PAS9 in C-band. The channels I want to get are in DVB/MPEG (specially DeutscheWelle). I think I can not use the Toshiba receiver for this, thats why I ordered a Echostar DSB-890 receiver for FTA with 2 CI slots. But the feedhorn seems not to be comaptible with ths new receiver. I'm right?

So the Toshiba receiver will just get analogue FTA?

http://www.satellitehelp.com/tosh_1520_index.asp

You can slave a DVB box to the 1500 like so:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

The 1500 will get you free analog programming, you can buy a VCII+ board also and can subscribe to some cable type programming, the 1500 will move the dish and change the polarity, I use to have one it is a nice unit, brings back memories when I see all the companys that use to make big dish equipment...

You will not get DCII with the 1500 you will get NTSC analog, if you want DCII you will need a 4dtv, from Motorola.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)