Toshiba TRX-1520

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

horizon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Should this receiver power-up if it doesn't have the videocipher board in it?

I was trying to find something to use to move my BUD for FTA since my Toshiba TRX-80 wouldn't send out power on M1/M2.

I've got a 1520 but it doesn't have the videocipherRS board. I took the videocipher II+ board out of the trx-80 and put in it, but that didn't help any.

horizon said:
Should this receiver power-up if it doesn't have the videocipher board in it?
I was trying to find something to use to move my BUD for FTA since my Toshiba TRX-80 wouldn't send out power on M1/M2.
I've got a 1520 but it doesn't have the videocipherRS board. I took the videocipher II+ board out of the trx-80 and put in it, but that didn't help any.

Yep, it sure will. I was running mine in that configuration over the weekend with the videocipher board in my 4dtv receiver and the 1520 moving the dish. Before you ask, my 4dtv receiver is having problems with a r5000 mod, it won't move the dish after the mod, and is now on its way back to Nextcomm for repair. :(

Sounds like you'll need to get one of your receivers repaired, or pick up a new one. There always seems to be some analog c-band receivers on ebay for next to nothing. I think I paid around $40 shipped for my 1520 with the videocipher board included.

all analog receivers will work without the VCII board

I have 4 analog ones (all used for KU FTA) and none have the boards in them :)

The 1520 is a NICE unit...had one for a while then sold it to Pete (PSB) and picked up a 1420...1520 had the T1 filter and a UHF remote..the 1420 is IR only :(

Thanks.

I took the 1520 apart and it's fairly corroded inside so it's dead.

So now I've got my Foretec Lifetime Classic NA and an older analog receiver that won't move the dish, though it does tune etc. when I used a car battery in the house to connect to the dish power to move the dish.

Frustrating.

I'm now torn between finding another analog receiver or paying some for a 4dtv box on ebay.

I don't have polarizer connections on the back of the Foretec like the pansat has so I can't just get a dish mover.

Move the dish with the Fortec then loop through to the analog box, thats the way I do it anyway!

PSB said:
Move the dish with the Fortec then loop through to the analog box, thats the way I do it anyway!

I've got a 10' BUD. I'd need to send out voltage to the actuator so it would move the dish.

Unless there's some way to do that I haven't read about yet.

horizon said:
I've got a 10' BUD. I'd need to send out voltage to the actuator so it would move the dish.
Unless there's some way to do that I haven't read about yet.

Plenty of analog receivers on EBay , around $ 40 , including freight .

Wyr

That's what I was planning on doing, but PSB mentioned moving the dish with the Fortec so I wasn't sure if there was some way to do that or if he thought I was using a smaller dish setup.

horizon
I have a 1420 that I'd be willing to part with :) ....I dont have a remote but the remote for the 1520 should work with it

horizon said:
That's what I was planning on doing, but PSB mentioned moving the dish with the Fortec so I wasn't sure if there was some way to do that or if he thought I was using a smaller dish setup.

The Fortec can't move a BUD, unless you're using a VBox. A lot of folks are having issues with the original VBox. I think there's some experimentation going on with the VBox II though. The analog receiver will probably be cheaper, but the VBox will allow you to move the dish through the Fortec. Of course you could always go with a 4dtv receiver. Then you could subscribe to 4dtv programming and get FTA too. :)

Thanks guys!

I've managed to scrounge up yet another analog receiver from a friend. Hopefully this one will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)