Toshiba TRX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Earving

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Hi Guys!

What is your opinion about the receiver Toshiba
TRX-80, is a good receiver? I only have a C-Band LNB.
What channels are in there?

Thanks.

The Toshiba TRX-80 satellite receiver is an excellent receiver. I have one in great condition on sale within the classifieds for $80 plus $20 shipping and handling. It comes with a videocipher decoder, remote control, and origional users manual.

Dave

The TRX-80 is a good receiver. I have a TRX-1420

But you have to consider the fact that alot of channels are going digital, so the TRX wouldn't be able to pick them up.

As tdti said, a 4DTV would get you much more, since it can handle both analog & digital.

Is there some channels in particular you were looking to get?

Thank`s Iceberg

I'm looking channels like ESPN, TNT, TBS, the basic channels that are in any cable or satellite system, however in the back panel of the Toshiba TRX-80 there is a switch between C-ku band, can I watch digital channels with this receiver?

Thank's

no

The Toshiba will pick up C-Band and KU Band analog only

There are 2 types of digital, Digital Cipher II (DCII for short) and DVB.
DCII will need a 4DTV receiver to receive (as noted above)
DVB will need a DVB receiver (like a Pansat, Fortec, Satwork, etc). Check out the FTA area here (right below the C-Band area) for more info

If you are looking for just the basic "cable" stuff, Analog would work fine. But you might be shooting yourself in the foot going "why didnt I get a 4DTV"?
(alot of stuff they are transitioning to digital because they can fit more on a transponder)

Another question

Is the 4dtv receiver the only that can handle the c/ku band analog and digicipher II? Or there are other receivers?

What channels are in DVB? Are the same that DC-II?

Receivers like Fortec or Pansat can handle DC-II Channels?

Thank's

Earving said:
Is the 4dtv receiver the only that can handle the c/ku band analog and digicipher II? Or there are other receivers?
pretty much
What channels are in DVB? Are the same that DC-II?
no. DVB is mostly international but Sports & News feeds are DVB. Also, there are some Networks on G10 (G0) that are DVB
Receivers like Fortec or Pansat can handle DC-II Channels?

Thank's
no. These handle DVB

There are 3 4dtv boxes, one is the 920 then there is the 905 this box is a digital only DCII box that will need to work along side your old analog box, finally there is the 922 the latest 4dtv unit, has better features than the 905 and can get more channels than the 920, best bet is to grab a 922, they are on sale now.
http://www.callnps.com/
www.skyvision.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)