GEOSATpro Toshiba TV remotes conflict with MicroHD

We have left some ALI standard IR codes active in the microHD for file testing when we work with their engineers. We recently sent a dozen GEOSATpro remotes to the engineers, so it might be possible at this point to remove all other codes. Will check with the chipset engineers and manufacturer. This might help by narrowing the field for IR falsing.

This remote conflict reminds me of the main TV and the six remotes I use there... My wife would like one remote to turn the TV on and off and watch TV. Thinking I would be making copious points for myself, I pick up a universal 4 unit remote. Programmed it to turn the TV on off and the subscr receiver and the DVR and the true FTA receiver. However now we have one more remote... She still calls me to find out what remote to use.

The ALI engineers reviewed the IR coding and it is correct. They tested with the two Toshiba codes that were originally provided and were not able to replicate.
Toshiba Channel up: 40BF1BE4
Toshiba Channel down: 40BF1FE0

They offered no solution or suggestion.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to help replicate it. I could send you your choice of Toshiba remote or universal set to Toshiba. I really want it to work for 2 reasons.
1 - I like the MicroHD and would like to refer it to others but Toshiba tv's are among the best for having a great offering of legacy connnections. That's a problem.
2 - I am sick of recording shows when changing the picture size on my Toshiba. My hard drive is filling up with random shows and changing the input mutes the MicroHD.

I noted that in a later post you suggested that it may not be the Toshiba code but a filtering by the microHD. The ALI engineers tested the two codes that you provided and found that these IR codes do not trigger a microHD event.

We apologize that your Toshiba remote is interfering with the microHD. IR cross platform control is a quite common occurrence between electronic devices.

Donating a RCU to the ALI engineers for IR output diagnosis would not be suggested. Remember that we are asking them to test a device not manufactured by or for them and asking why it interferes with their product. Not likely to happen. Probably the best option would be to ask Toshiba to test and provide the sequences emitted by their IR.

The Toshiba IR issue was quite a low priority with ALI engineers and I believe that we had our opportunity to review the issue with their team. At this point, we will put this issue on hold unless a specific IR sequence can be identified and the issue replicated using different IR transmitter hardware.

Thanks Brian. As stated by others, the MicroHD is responding to Toshiba remotes and as well as universals set to Toshiba. The Toshiba tv does not respond to the MicroHD remote. When MicroHD owners press INPUT on a Toshiba remote it mutes the MicroHD and when pressing PicSize on the same remote, it starts recording on the MicroHD. I wish it was as easy as changing the remote codes in the binary of the firmware. Then I could use another ALI based remote like the S10. If this is where it stands, then I can't recommend a MicroHD to a Toshiba owner. Toshiba sold 15 million tv sets last year, so I think they won't be changing anything.

Thanks Brian. As stated by others, the MicroHD is responding to Toshiba remotes and as well as universals set to Toshiba. The Toshiba tv does not respond to the MicroHD remote. When MicroHD owners press INPUT on a Toshiba remote it mutes the MicroHD and when pressing PicSize on the same remote, it starts recording on the MicroHD. I wish it was as easy as changing the remote codes in the binary of the firmware. Then I could use another ALI based remote like the S10. If this is where it stands, then I can't recommend a MicroHD to a Toshiba owner. Toshiba sold 15 million tv sets last year, so I think they won't be changing anything.

Here's a suggestion I throw out to you but it requires some homework, and it might help understand what is going on, or it might not. But I'd think it's worth trying.

Go to this web site: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8973 and download that remote file. Extract it with a unzip program, and OPEN the Geosat DVR1100c.rmdu file with Notepad as plain text.

Then, go to here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=23 and find the remote file for your Toshiba tv set. Extract the rmdu file for that one also, into another Notepad window as plain text. Compare them, and see if you see anything (a code) that strikes you as odd, or matches between them, etc. Perhaps you will see something that will make sense to help understand what's actually going on. If so, then you'll have to figure out if the info is worth giving to Brian, and seeing if anything further can be done on his side.

Good luck, I hope this is of some help to you.

It would be really helpful if someone here with a MicroHD and a universal remote could try this: set your universal TV remote to a Toshiba and start pressing buttons aimed at the MicroH. Volume down changes the channel of the Micro. Volume up brings up the EPG . Input mutes it. I can't remember which records - but it sucks that it makes all kinds of phantom recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)