total fees for 510 upgrade

mmdieter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
central OR
well i can't wait for the 942, and i am really wanting to be able to record some shows without having to figure out and deal with my 10 year old VCR. I am thinking about the 510 upgrade on my small tv. I am trying to figure what my total costs would be for it, would i be paying $5 extra tv, $5 rental/lease, and $5 dvr fee? i know the 508 dosen't have a dvr fee, but i don't want to shell out the upfront money for it b/c i really don't even watch the small tv it will be going on very often-probably just to watch some shows i miss while at work...i really just want the 942 for my 70 inch sony....what would be my best option? Has anyone had good luck with a recordable DVD-that also has a hard drive on it? Do those work pretty easily-like a dvr?
thanks

Nothing stopping you from using an E* DVR on the big-screen - the PQ will be the about the same as any other E* SD receiver. Of course, if you've got an 811 hooked up to it - different story, of course. ;)

The external DVRs - like a DVD-RW with disk or a standalone TiVo generally work fine - but being external are a bit more difficult to use than an integrated box. About the same as a VCR. Biggest problem is making the satellite receiver "be" where you want it to be when the recording device kicks on.

Finally, I'm not sure, but doubt that all three $5 fees would apply to a single box.

mmdieter said:
well i can't wait for the 942, and i am really wanting to be able to record some shows without having to figure out and deal with my 10 year old VCR. I am thinking about the 510 upgrade on my small tv. I am trying to figure what my total costs would be for it, would i be paying $5 extra tv, $5 rental/lease, and $5 dvr fee? i know the 508 dosen't have a dvr fee, but i don't want to shell out the upfront money for it b/c i really don't even watch the small tv it will be going on very often-probably just to watch some shows i miss while at work...i really just want the 942 for my 70 inch sony....what would be my best option? Has anyone had good luck with a recordable DVD-that also has a hard drive on it? Do those work pretty easily-like a dvr?
thanks

No you would not have a $4.99/mo extra receiver mirror fee, this is waved on the leasing plans as long as all receivers are connected to a phone land line, you would have a $5/mo lease/rental fee and the $4.98/mo DVR fee unless you have AEP, then you would only have the rental fee.

I just got the 510 and I'm pretty sure that it only is costing me $5 extra per month because I'm "replacing" a receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts