Total fees

bcrissman

Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Hey guys,
If I chose the package in the attached image, what OTHER fees will I see on my bill? With my cable bill the only additional fees are:
Sales Tax (zip 30680 in GA): $0.53
Franchise Fee: $2.48
FCC Reg, Fee $0.06

Just trying to figure out what we'd be in for wish DISH instead.

Thanks!
Brian

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 214
are there no other fees like tax, FCC or other junk like that? It's just straight up what I see on the dishbuilder? that's hard to believe but if it's true awesome!

bcrissman said:
Hey guys,
If I chose the package in the attached image, what OTHER fees will I see on my bill? With my cable bill the only additional fees are:
Sales Tax (zip 30680 in GA): $0.53
Franchise Fee: $2.48
FCC Reg, Fee $0.06

Just trying to figure out what we'd be in for wish DISH instead.

Thanks!
Brian
The only things missing are any applicable state tax. If you choose locals it's $5.99 per month more..PLUS..If you are getting more than one receiver, you incur a $4.99 per month charge per receiver past the first one..Example 3 receivers $9.98($4.98 X 2) per month in addl outlet fees....

Last edited:
as mentioned above, taxes are based on your location... in my state there is no tax, but one of the local cities here charges a tax... it all depends on your location.

cobra2225 said:
don't forget the 5.00 if you don't have a LANDLINE connected
Silly of me to have forgotten that!..
Trust me ,when I tell you it's a real bone of contention around our office..

cobra2225 said:
don't forget the 5.00 if you don't have a LANDLINE connected

That's only for DVRs right? I have a 211 and a 311 and neither have a phoneline hooked to them. I've never been charged an additional fee for this.

------

ya i should have waited one more day before i ordered, when i checked with directv they don't charge you for a phone line no matter how many reciever's you have,i guess because they are smarter then dish and and figured out a way to upload the info. from the reciever though the dish and back to them, that makes dish idiots.

cobra2225 said:
ya i should have waited one more day before i ordered, when i checked with directv they don't charge you for a phone line no matter how many reciever's you have,i guess because they are smarter then dish and and figured out a way to upload the info. from the reciever though the dish and back to them, that makes dish idiots.

DirecTv nor Dish have two way satellite capabilities with their TV recievers. DirecTv will just updated your sub so you aren't able to order PPV with a remote. You'll either have to do it via the internet or calling them. Thats they only reason DirecTv requested a phone line. Same with their DVRs (i'm speaking about the Directv/tivo units...no clue about the new generation DVRs), I only needed the phoneline for initial set-up...then never again. I told the CSR at DirecTv that I don't have a phoneline and only use my cell. He said "The DirecTv/Tivo unit needs the phoneline in order to work correctly"...which I already knew was BS.

------

RedWings said:
DirecTv nor Dish have two way satellite capabilities with their TV recievers. DirecTv will just updated your sub so you aren't able to order PPV with a remote. You'll either have to do it via the internet or calling them. Thats they only reason DirecTv requested a phone line. Same with their DVRs (i'm speaking about the Directv/tivo units...no clue about the new generation DVRs), I only needed the phoneline for initial set-up...then never again. I told the CSR at DirecTv that I don't have a phoneline and only use my cell. He said "The DirecTv/Tivo unit needs the phoneline in order to work correctly"...which I already knew was BS.

my sister has directv, she has the r-15 dvr, they order ppv movie's all the time
though the reciever, no phoneline hooked up, no 5.00/mo extra charge, she ask me why i went with dish, i told her it was because of the encore movie channel's
and that 3 sales reps and c.s. reps told me that dish will work with voip.either
way dish will never see the 5.00/mo phone fee from me,now if they had been upfront with me and said voip won't work,and i decided to go with them anyway
they that would be another thing, and i would have paid it, but they lied so i don't
pay liers just so they can get my bussiness.

I have a real hard time believing she is ordering pay-per-view via remote, no phoneline hooked up, and still getting charged for it.

Unless the technology has changed....I still believe a phoneline is required to order movies via remote with DTV.

Last edited:
----

RedWings said:
I have a real hard time believing she is ordering pay-per-view via remote, no phoneline hooked up, and still getting charged for it.

Unless the technology has changed....I still believe a phoneline is required to order movies via remote with DTV.

the technology has changed, dish just wants the extra 5.00/mo instead of using
upstream and downstream to send and collect ppv info. but on the other hand
maybe dish hasn't developed that far yet, still no excuse for lieing to get customers.

cobra2225 said:
my sister has directv, she has the r-15 dvr, they order ppv movie's all the time
though the reciever, no phoneline hooked up, no 5.00/mo extra charge, she ask me why i went with dish, i told her it was because of the encore movie channel's
and that 3 sales reps and c.s. reps told me that dish will work with voip.either
way dish will never see the 5.00/mo phone fee from me,now if they had been upfront with me and said voip won't work,and i decided to go with them anyway
they that would be another thing, and i would have paid it, but they lied so i don't
pay liers just so they can get my bussiness.

When I ordered directv the installer made it sound great that we could just use unlimited pay-per-views as long as our recievers wern't pluged into the phone line, but after you order around three per reciever it makes it so that you are unable to order anymore pay-per-views, so then if I wanted to order pay-per-views I would have to plug the phone lines in and pay around 50 dollars in total for all of the recievers pay-per-views, so I never used them again lol.

cobra2225 said:
the technology has changed, dish just wants the extra 5.00/mo instead of using
upstream and downstream to send and collect ppv info. but on the other hand
maybe dish hasn't developed that far yet, still no excuse for lieing to get customers.

I'm still going with a phoneline is required for a PPV purchase via remote with the r-15. Unless she set it up to use the phoneline, unplugged it, and is now ordering PPVs but not paying for them. But if she is doing it legit through the remote, a phoneline is required.

I don't beleive that DTV has upgraded their technology so they could have two way communication via the 18" dishes.

I'll agree to disagree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts