Total frustration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ffdemoss

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I've had it with my VIP 222. I have been an HD subscriber for about 5 months now and my receiver has a problem. When I watch TV for more than about 3 hours (usually weekends) it will freeze up and stop showing a picture and audio. I have to do a hard reset to get everyhting back. I have called Dish 5 times (3 times they have hung up on me) about this and finally yesterday they said they will send out a new receiver. They first told me I needed to turn it off more often for updates, which I do every night. Anyways, Dish then tried to charge me for shipping of the new receiver. I am leasing this VIP222 and shouldn't repairs for this unit be covered? And why should the consumer have to pay shipping on their defunct product. Well, it was at this time I laid into the the girl with customer service and told her I was not paying shipping. After 10 minutes of arguing she fianlly waved the shipping. Hopefullt, this new reciever will fix my problem. Just having to vent...thanks

I wish you luck, the replacement 222 that I received had the same exact problems as the first, and calls to tech support are useless, first they deny knowing of the problems, then they say we have had a few receiver experience those problems, then they say they are going to pass the info on to engineering, as I stated in another post the 222 is the worst receiver decision I have ever made

Bob

Bob

when i first got my 522 (dont have it anymore) i had problems with 3 different receivers. they were friendly and sent replacement units out fAST every time.... you must have just had bad luck w/ the people, or didn't say the right things??? i include stuff like (it's not functioning as promised, yet I pay as promised) etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)