Total idiot (me) needs help finding big sat. dish

not_ally

Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
Hello all,

Apologies in advance to all the flamethrowers. I have been told by my Dish repair guy that to improve reception I need to get a big dish, one that is greater than or equal to 3 ft. I have googled and ebayed, to no avail.

Does Dish/E* not make this size dish, ie; should I be looking for a new dish that is Dish/E* compatible rather than manufactured by the co. itself (or whoever joint ventures with them to make the Dish branded satellites)?

Thanks for any advice, information, or nudge in the right direction.

Where are you located? If you really need a dish that size you should look into a 36" or 39" FTA dish (Sadoun or SatelliteAV are good) and put a Circular LNB on it. (I don't think Dish Network makes a dish that large)

OP here. I was trying to avoid getting into location, as I am one of those despised creatures who is trying to circumvent both divine and human law by attempting to receive the E* signal in central Mexico.

I know it reaches here, as I received it in the past (and others in my town receive it fine, so the footprint covers this area) but lately have been encountering many glitches, hence the repair guy's advice to try a bigger dish.

Thanks to those who have advised, at least now I know that I need to get a non-Dish dish.

Thanks, Iwannarock. I wish I was better at this stuff.

As for paying for the E* service, I use my Stateside address in LA (where, ironically, I have cable) for billing purposes, and have the monthly bill debited directly from my checking account.

Also, the service in Mexico is pretty hit-or-miss - since there are no dealers here, I think the folks who do repairs acquire their knowledge the old fashioned way, ie; trial and error. So it is only desperate tv/BRAVO addicts like me that go down this road here.

On the other hand, I went down to pay my property taxes this morning, and my annual taxes are less than my monthly E* bill!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)