Total noob question -- 4 HD receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

frenchexit

Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys,

Many apologies for a probably very basic question -- I searched on here and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd just post a new thread. Basically, I am sick of my Time Warner (NYC) service and want to move to DirecTV. I'm a big football fan too, so the Sunday Ticket offer is compelling. My question is this:

Can I run a DirecTV installation with FOUR (4) HD Receivers? I tried to configure such a setup on the DirecTV website, but I could select no more than 2 HD receivers in my order. I live in a 2-floor apartment with 2 other people and we each have our own HD TVs, plus one in the living room.

If this is possible, what is the best (and most-cost effective way to do this)?

Thanks a lot -- I really appreciate any help I can get to escape from the evil clutches of Time Warner.

-FE

Thanks Charper -- REALLY appreciate the quick response. Again, total noob, but do you guys have recommendations for which HD box to get (do I even have an option)?

I've been wading through these threads reading about H20, H10, etc...and I'm in a little over my head -- plus I'm at work so I can't give it my full attention. ;-)

I can't wait to get rid of Time Warner -- WOOOOHOOOO!!!

-FE

Well if you want the most up to date new HD receiver there is only one out right now: the H20 with the AT9 (5LNB dish). That gives you everything you are already aware of, but adds the new MPEG4 compatibility coming down the pike.

I say get what you can up front and save the need to upgrade and replace later, but what metro area are you in? Only some metros are MPEG4 hot right now, but they are sched more and more to be added. So once again, get what you can upfront.

If you have no need for the H20 setup, or the up-charges get to costly, there is the H10 receiver and the PhaseIII (3 LNB dish). You can get everything as above except the new MPEG4.

Cool, sounds good. I am in NYC, so I assume I should either have or be getting the MPEG4 soon. No need to answer, as I'm sure I can track down that info on these boards.

Thanks again for your help.

-FE

Yep that zip is in an HD locals area for sure and still on the older MPEG2 setup (for now). I should have said that before but I misread NYC as NY area so I ask for the zip.

I will still get the H20/AT9 upgrades depending on if you are ok with the costs. Not to mention what you get extra with your regional sports net and via an antenna. Have fun.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)