Tower climbers paint WION's towers...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
and, these are "BABY" towers to climbers (only 199 feet.)

Amazing the difference in looks and the contrast from top to bottom where they've painted and where they haven't! More of this yet tonight, and some tomorrow, Sunday we'll have to kill the AM for their safety on the main North tower. Glad to have a polite, safe crew working, and they're SO interesting to talk-to! Tower Painting contrast-twr 2.jpg

Make sure they remember to paint from the top down!

;)
:oldwink

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Our tower crew returns Sunday to hopefully complete the periodic painting of our towers. Sunday will REQUIRE the shut down of our AM for their safety. If you're a fan of Sunday programming, plan to use the FM 92.7 in Ionia County, and far-away listener, you'll want to use the stream instead of the AM in West Central Michigan until their job is complete. HEADS UP! Don't say we didn't tell you!!!

Today is an FM-only day, our tower crew is here to paint the daytime tower. Please switch locally to FM 92-7, and we've put the stream on FM as well. If you're a regular listener, please share this with your facebook contacts. Our AM will return when the tower work is done for the day. Thank you for your patience, and look for the third (North) tower to be a nice bright red very soon! (thank you Ionia Sherwin Williams!)

Hi Radio,
I am picking up your station tonight but it has some competition. Think I am hearing two other stations on the same frequency. Listening on-line, I can match the audio from one of them to the audio from your AM broadcast. My antenna favours the west which isn't helping. If I hear the CW ID or voice ID that would confirm, if I can distinguish it from the jumble. Interweb is realy too slow to stream anything tonight for any length of time.
Maybe the paint on the towers will increase your radiation effieiency and I'll pick up WION better in the morning.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts