Tracking Clarke Belt C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adrian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I am tracking the Clarke belt in the Southern Hemisphere from 78,5 East to 24,5 West .My latitude being 35 with declination of 2 (should be 5) elevation of 40 and dish elevation of 50.I have no near satellite true north the nearest being on my left 34 degrees away and on my right 53 degrees away.Can some one please advise me why i am tracking on a declination of 2.Thanks.

Tracking Clarke Belt

I am in the Cape,South Africa.Lat 34,4.
When tracking declination 42,elevation 40 and bar holding actuator looking up 50.
Chart of angles at 35 degrees gives elevation of 35 and declination as 40,hence the 5 i refer to.

I don't understand the question. Are you asking how it is that a modified polar mount that is not optimized for your location works as well as it does?

If the real declination angle between the equatorial plane and the Clarke Belt intercept to your due South is 5 degrees, then a polar mounted dish at your location will track better with a 5 degree declination than with a 2 degree one. The optimal declination angle for a polar mount is actually just a few tenths of a degree less than the southern azumuth declination angle.

If the real declination angle between the equatorial plane and the Clarke Belt intercept to your due South is 5 degrees, then a polar mounted dish at your location will track better with a 5 degree declination than with a 2 degree one. The optimal declination angle for a polar mount is actually just a few tenths of a degree less than the southern azumuth declination angle.

Wow, man, wow! Did you go to satellite college or something? Had to read it a couple of times just to comprehend :D

Sorry folks i got it wrong.
Not having a satellite above my North position,i concentrated on the nearest satellite to it i.e. 1 deg West with an elevation of 44.A true north satellite will have an elevation of 50.By adjusting the main axis to 40 and the declination to 2 i am managing to track the Clarke belt.(ie a false track)At my Lat of 35 the main axis must be 35 plus declination of 5 and subtracted from 90 will give the correct total elevation of 50.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)