TracVision R4SL Help

evanskl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
We have a TracVision R4SL satellite system on our 2009 Southwind motor home. We set the system up with Dish Network when we purchased the motor home last year, and it worked without any problem. We don’t keep the receiver activated unless we are going to use it (most parks have cable or we are able to pick up local “air” signals).
Recently we tried to setup the system in the driveway in preparation for a trip and found that we could not locate the satellites and when we run a check switch we are getting “No Switch Found”. We’ve run the check switch many, many times….and nothing. So we set up our old trusty tripod and dish, and what do you know….there are the satellites.
Where do we start troubleshooting? We’ve check connections, the A & B Keys are in…..we’re at a loss. What could have changed?
Any help at all would be appreciated.

Can you hear the dish moving as it runs the test?

What rec are you using?

Are you sure the dome has a clear line of sight?

Thanks for the reply TimberWolf........

Yes the dish moves, we've tried 311 and we were using a 501 without any trouble before this, and we do have a direct line of sight.

I posted this same question on irv2.com (a rv's forum....dah!) and got alot of good replies, here is a link to that post:

TracVision R4SL Help - iRV2 Forums

But the answer to my questions turns out to be that last fall (?) Dish did some satellite upgrade for HD....now I'm not interested un HD in our motor home, but those changes require that I upgrade the software on the R4SL.

My forum replays say I can do this myself (if I purchase a few cables), but in trying to get those cables TracVision is telling me that I CAN'T do the upgrade, I need service tech to do that and it is NOT warranty work. We've only had the dome 14 months......makes me sooooo mad!

That's where it stands for right now.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts