Traffic Vizzion- See what those DOT cameras see

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Ever wish you knew what the hold-up was on the highway? Now you can see the highway up ahead with your smart cellphone. The company, Traffic Vizzion has this little application that you load to your phone or PPC and it enables you to view various cameras across the US as well as in Canada and the UK. You see what those cameras see. The service is $39 per year and you can sample the demo version for 2 weeks free.

http://www.vizzion.com/index_files/download.htm

I downloaded the free demo and at first it would not load so I contacted the company for their support and they knew about the bug in the demo version I downloaded from Handango and they sent me a new executable with instructions on how to fix. Once that was done it launched fine and I was seeing the traffic in various parts of the country.
An interesting feature is that it also downloads maps of the region with red dots where the cameras are located. Additionally, the software will use your GPS capability if you have that installed and it will auto load cameras that are up ahead on your route.

Note that Cameras aren't everywhere so you should check your locations for availability. They have the list on their website.

I'm putting it in primarily for DC and NYC. So many times I get in 30-60 minute traffic jams in DC and would like to know in advance to get around them before I'm in them. But I travel quite a bit morer then most.

u know you can get GPS systems that have traffic alerts built in them...

I have the Garmin nuvi 350 and i love it... saves time searching for my deleiviers for my job at dominos pizza... :D

But i cant get the traffic receiver yet... bestbuy is sold out currently... :(

I have it on my Tom tom and it is pretty nice. Have to have an internet connection for it to get the data though. My tomtom works on my Verizon cell phone so it has the necessary internet connection. The difference is with this video option you have the visual to see how fast the traffic is really moving in the holdup vs. just a little x that shows up as "Accident" on the TomTom The GPS overlay is more wide spread and available than the DOT cameras right now but Traffic Vizzion is new.
Both these systems are cutting edge.

Yes, stupid, in fact. But it appeared to me to be the best GPS system for a PPC and the BT receiver was the smallest to carry around! I bought one for my wife's Treo 700 and one for my XV6700. It is a UK product, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts