Transfer recorded programs from HD20-100 to HD20-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

terh55

Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Hi, I recently upgraded to HD and received a new HD20-100 (black). After one week and various issues including garbled picture, sound being suddenly muted, the machine locking up and other issues I have decided to return it for a new one. The new one, the HD20-700 just was delivered today. Although I love the black, I am really hoping the performance and issues are not prevelant on this new machine. One of my questions is how do/can I transfer my recorded shows/movies to the new dvr? Any other suggestions while I have both until I have to send the other back?

Thanks!

Unfortunatly you cannot.

The programs are encrypted to work Only with the original receiver, they can not be transferred to a another HR20.

Even swapping hard drives will not work because of the encryption.

I wanted to do this myself and have asked around for a while.

I lost a lot of recordings (Over 100hrs) on my E-Sata 750GB drive when I switched receivers. Just wish Directv would allow the hard drives to be swapped to another HR20... Maybe someday

No, but stores offer DVD recorders, or DVDs of the actual programs themselves that one can purchase, if the programs were something you wished to keep forever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)