Transferring programs from DVR to PC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I was wondering if there is a way to transfer programs from a DVR HD to a PC to view at a later time? I have read there is an item called a Pockerdish and was wondering if this is still around and how well it works. I want to be able to watch movies and such at, this is when I am on call for hospital on weekenends. This would be better than burning CDs because I could have a larger list to choose from. Just wondering, thanks

I assume you mean pocketdish. Those are not around anymore unless you find a used one, and it won't work with the VIP receivers to my knowledge. The basic answer is you can not watch programming from the DVR or EHD anywhere else as a file. You could of course record each program to a CD or another hard drive in real time.

Or get a capture card for your PC. then you can transfer anywhere in HD, but you have to capture in real time.

Just thought of something. What about the sling? This where you can access your DVR remotely? Is this in realtime or is it like a download? My problem is distance and the data used to download just one mshow or movie.

What I would be using would be my laptop at work with a JetPak from Verizon. So this would be wireless wifi. My problem would be the data use because Verizon has limited the amount you can use. Just web surfing and such is no problem but the reps at the store has warned me against downloading movies because I would use all my data for a month in one setting. So if this is realtime is there going to be a difference in whether I download the movie off my DVR or watch it in realtime? I have the basic amount of data for now but can buy more if needed. Thanks

I use slingbox ALL the time, both on computer, on my smartphone, and on my TV. I can't imagine being without it anymore. (I use it for viewing but also for security and other things)

What I would be using would be my laptop at work with a JetPak from Verizon. So this would be wireless wifi. My problem would be the data use because Verizon has limited the amount you can use.

Yes, that would be a problem. Most verizon packages are 5GB/month, and you would eat that up quick! The hospital doesn't have any type of wifi you can connect to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)