Transferring shows from DVR to computer

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I've got a 625 and want to transfer some shows to a digital file on my computer. Does anybody know how to do that?

Yes, you have to use the analog outputs on your DVR and record with analog capture on your PC. There used to be talk about some Dishrip group on Yahoo that did DVR to PC work but I never followed up on that.

It should also be said that transferring the digital file itself from the 625 to ANYTHING ELSE violates your user agreement with Dish as well as the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act).

I am not sure if converting it to Analog in the process violates either one of those.

It should also be said that transferring the digital file itself from the 625 to ANYTHING ELSE violates your user agreement with Dish as well as the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act)
Care to back that up with a URL or two? If what you say is true, nobody could use their Pocketdish players. Also, if what you say is true of the 622, nobody could use their EHD, nor the gen 5 Archos players with the Dish plug-in.

Youa re indeed allowed to transfer it toa pocket dish but not to a PC. We have been down this road too many times.

Mea culpa about the Pocket Dish. I was thinking PC related things.

As to the 625, there is no legal way to transfer a file to another hard drive directly.

As to DMCA, my understanding is that any attempt to circumvent copy protection of any digital file is prohibited.

That is not to say I agree with this. In fact, I think it's stupid. Just giving fair warning that things that seem simple could run one afoul of the law.

The 622, 722 is a different animal. One of the things you get for your $40 when do the HD install is the license to transfer files for your own use from a VIP internal hard drive to an External Hard drive tied ViPs licensed to YOU, as well as the license to transfer them back to VIPs tied to you. If you find a way to circumvent the $40 activation, or to allow other users VIPs to play the files, or use the files on a device that is not a VIP tied to your account (like a computer) you have violated the user agreement, if not the law.

Thanks for pointing out that it's been discussed before. No thanks for the snarky reply.

You seem to imply that more posts should make you smarter. Apparently it also makes you more of a jerk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts