Transferring timer schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JustinRN

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Centennial, CO
Hey all,

I'm new here, but I did do a search and couldn't easily find an answer to this... I'm hoping to upgrade from a 622 to a Hopper as part of a move to a new city. I read that there was a way to back up the recording schedule on a DVR by pressing and holding "0" on the remote. I've tried that, but my 622 doesn't do anything in response. Is there another way to do this on the 622 or am I missing something? I'm really hoping to not have to recreate all the timers since my wife gets a little crazy with them and there are more than I'd like to have to setup manually. haha

But you cannot transfer from one model to a different one only between the same models.
The only way to transfer to an upgraded model would be to write all your timers down and enter them manually.

Yellow legal pad, and a good pen is what I used when I went from a VIP622 to a VIP722k.

The recording schedule is written to the internal harddrive, and there's no other way to back it up on the VIP622, they didn't think of that option when it was created back in the day.

Take pictures of your timers onscreen and annotate any missing info.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think you could get a listing on the OLD Remote Access system--it's been a while for me.
That would let you capture it on your computer and save copying by hand.
The hard part, of course, it setting them up again. So only a little help.
Even a screen capture is better than writing them, though.
-Ken

Think that only worked with a 722 with a sling adapter and the internet dongle. I was going to post the same idea then remembered the limitations/

If the 622 can access your MY Dish Anywhere account, you can go to DVR/My Timers and print out your timers from there. You might have to do a screen capture and print each page with pictures, but its there.

This is another example that Dish Anywhere/dishonline should have a timer back up feature that stores your timers in the cloud.

Receiver fails? Install replacement and restore backup from cloud.

Upgrade receiver? Install new unit then restore new timers from the cloud.

The backup to remotes is a good start but is for only certain units. If Dish Anywhere can already access your timers from your ip connected unit then it should be able to save a copy in the cloud.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the 622 can access your MY Dish Anywhere account, you can go to DVR/My Timers and print out your timers from there. You might have to do a screen capture and print each page with pictures, but its there.
Unfortunately (at least for me), Dish Anywhere (and even the old Dish Remote Access) don't list all the timers on my Hopper. I believe it's only timers that have scheduled recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)