Transition Period-Transition to What?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcdeeee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Below is the latest article posted on cablevisions website. I know, it's old news, but it basicaly only states:"VOOM will continue to provide service to its current customers during a transition period."

What are we transitioning to? A new Sattalite? It does not state anything about the end of Voom. Why is there so much speculation about this being the end?

Cablevision Link

Cablevision Systems Corp. (ticker: CVC, exchange: New York Stock Exchange) News Release - January 20, 2005
Cablevision to Sell Rainbow Direct Broadcast Satellite and Certain Related Assets to EchoStar for $200 Million

BETHPAGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 20, 2005--Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement for Rainbow DBS Company LLC to sell its direct broadcast satellite and certain other related assets to a subsidiary of EchoStar Communications Corp. (Nasdaq: DISH) for $200 million in cash.

Under the terms of the agreement, EchoStar will acquire the Rainbow 1 satellite, located at the 61.5 degree W.L. orbital position, as well as FCC licenses to construct, launch and operate DBS services over 11 frequency channels at the 61.5 degree W.L. orbital location. In addition, EchoStar will acquire the contents of Rainbow DBS's ground facility in Black Hawk, S.D. and related assets. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.

Cablevision will continue to explore strategic alternatives, including monetization, for its remaining Rainbow DBS related assets, including programming, equipment and spectrum.

VOOM will continue to provide service to its current customers during a transition period.

Good Point! Websters dictionary says...

Main Entry: tran·si·tion

1 a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another : CHANGE b : a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another

It would make me think instead of going out of business it would mean moving to another. :confused:

Bings said:
Websters dictionary says...

Main Entry: tran·si·tion

1 a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another
Would that include the state of having a signal to the state of not having one? :confused:

You could also read the statement two ways - a transition for Voom, or a transition for Voom customers...

The object of the statement was the sale of the satellite. The transition is concerned with the transfer of ownership from Cablevision to Echostar. During that period we will continue to receive service.

There is no implication that once the transition of ownership is complete that the customers will receive any further service.

There is no implication that once the transition of ownership is complete that the customers will receive any further service.

I completely concur.

The way you guys are disecting these quick missives, makes me think that more than one of you may have checked for backmasked messages in an audio recording of the reports.

Do you all believe that the author of that article put as much thought into the selection of words as you have put thought into their selection of their words.

Come on, guys, the author wasn't Nostrodamas, there are no cryptic alterior meanings.

I for one put my money on the line and signed up for voom, They claimed to install on the 14th, but I put it off to the first of March. Let's all just keep showing support, getting others to sign up and maybe get the voom concept noticed.

It's a BUCK for crying out loud, with plenty of channels for $60 bucks a month. Not to mention you get an OTA antenna installed, even if voom goes down that still is worth the first couple of months of service. If they do go out of biz, they aren't going to be paying to uninstall the dish and antenna.

voom, voom, Voom, VooM, VOOM, YEAH!!!!!

67Yv8t said:
I completely concur.

The way you guys are disecting these quick missives, makes me think that more than one of you may have checked for backmasked messages in an audio recording of the reports.

Do you all believe that the author of that article put as much thought into the selection of words as you have put thought into their selection of their words.

Come on, guys, the author wasn't Nostrodamas, there are no cryptic alterior meanings.

I for one put my money on the line and signed up for voom, They claimed to install on the 14th, but I put it off to the first of March. Let's all just keep showing support, getting others to sign up and maybe get the voom concept noticed.

It's a BUCK for crying out loud, with plenty of channels for $60 bucks a month. Not to mention you get an OTA antenna installed, even if voom goes down that still is worth the first couple of months of service. If they do go out of biz, they aren't going to be paying to uninstall the dish and antenna.

voom, voom, Voom, VooM, VOOM, YEAH!!!!!
I concur with you 67Yv8t......but I don't have a motorcycle...can I ride with you? :D

Scheduled for a 2/22 reinstall, having a Superbowl party to show friends who have never seen any HD and know I was impressed with VOOM last summer what "just mediocre" HD looks like over my cable company's transmission. Many people have no idea what the difference can be like, and even though I'll only be showing them cable, I'm hoping to convert a few souls. And I think I can confirm they won't pick up the dish and antenna if they do go dark, since they left mine late October, prior to all the doom and gloom stuff. :) Vicki

The only reason that VOOM'rs are still skeltical of that statement is tha VOOM continues to spend money on production for new promos, advertising and making installs. Logic says that doesn't sound like a company who is trying to save money or certainly discourage additional installs because each costs them more money they can't recoup. That is why the words transition, takes on an interesting meaning. They are not doing what logic says they should do. What should be done if they are going out of business is cut expenses and cut advertising and installs.

Oh Vicki...I love seeing women on this site.. Keeps us guys all on our toes.

How amny of you thought that Paul MCCartney was dead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)