Transmit C-Band???

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Hey guys. Hopefully you can help me here. So I watch these guys on youtube, am a huge fan and they're nearby. They are putting on an event and live streaming it. They have done so in the past and have had internet issues causing feed issues. They asked if anyone has a satellite truck so they can backhaul over C-Band to their CDN (JWPlayer). I dont have a truck but I have a 1.8 Prodelin that they can have (if that's sufficient). My question is can I transmit with the 1.8m and if so what transmitter equipment in place of a LNB. Im sure the encoder equipment will be specified by JWPlayer as well as them providing TP space. Time is sensitive. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

Additionally, if anyone knows or can recommend someone in the Tampa area that could provide the service.. I will put them in touch.

I don't work in the industry, but I wonder if you might want to call local TV stations and ask what they'd charge to handle your uplink via their own satellite trucks? They have the equipment and the staff.
I really wanna help them because I want to to work with them and this would be a great way to bring a unique skill in for live events.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Not many C-band uplinks rolling around anymore. Suggest that instead, contract with KU-band uplink. Much lower truck roll cost, lower satellite booking cost and an appropriate link budget can be arranged by the uplink provider to provide the required resolution, footprint and reliability.

If limited budget, check out bonded celluar packages or...
Subscribe to a Starlink business account with the high performance hardware package (providing a fixed IP, account prioritization and higher gain) then encode an IP stream.

Was talking with a production friend who had recently used LiveU with a Starlink business account for remote news feeds with great success. Here is a quick read on LiveU: www.liveu.tv/resources/blog/liveu-and-starlink-when-ip-meets-satellite