Transmit signal from roof

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boilers95

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago
I spend enough time in my office that I decided to try to get DTV in my office. I have tried to install a mobile dish inside my office, but the tint on the windows of my building is blocking the signal. I can put a dish on the roof of my building, but have been quoted several thousand dollars to run wires from the roof of my building to my office.

Has anyone ever heard of wirelessly transmitting the signal from the dish to the receiver, which would be about 100' away?

May have to resort to Slingbox, but the picture is choppy and would love to get DTV if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to do what you are asking, but it too, would be expensive. You have to supply power to the dish. Your IRD would have to somehow transmit to the dish the signal to request a particular LNB to respond which in turn, would provide the signal. I have never seen this sort of equipment.

you can re-transmit you're wireless signal (802.11g/n) that far and use sling? search online there are some people who have put up full details on how to retransmit several miles away using dishes focused on the other site..

it'll probably cost more up front than a high speed cable/dsl at both locations?

Basically, no, there is no way to wirelessly transmit the signal from the dish to a receiver. They have to be connected using coax. You *could* put a receiver up near the dish and use a slingbox, but it looks like you already could do that from home by your original post.

What floor are you on? are you just trying to get the standard definition channels? Can you open your window? A sat-go might be a good solution for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)