transponder problem on 110 sat

lab136

Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I accidently bent the dish with the lawnmower (don't ask) - we have a dish 300 dual receiver. Satellite 190 comes in perfectly with all channels (located in living room). However, on the satellite 110, we lost some channels - the one i noticed is 214 weather channel. Seems we're getting mostly "odd" channels. Transponder 7, 13 & 17 - i have no signal strength. What's my problem? Thanks
:(

I accidently bent the dish with the lawnmower (don't ask) - we have a dish 300 dual receiver. Satellite 190 comes in perfectly with all channels (located in living room). However, on the satellite 110, we lost some channels - the one i noticed is 214 weather channel. Seems we're getting mostly "odd" channels. Transponder 7, 13 & 17 - i have no signal strength. What's my problem? Thanks
:(

Must be some bend to get "190" (sic). ;) And I'm pretty sure you have a Dish 500 pointing at both 110 & 119. The 300 only aimed at one sat, IIRC.

LNB damage? Aim? Anyway, Dish 500s are cheap & easy to get. I've probably got a spare sitting around, if you're anywhere near northern VA.

The LMB looks ok - all cables are connected. Aim - possibly - we've moved the dish around quite a bit. But with a dual LMB, can you move them seperately?

ok- if the skew is off, why would we get all channels on 119? Then again the dish was bent on the 110 side.

I'm curious as to how many cables you have from the dish to the house. I would guess that you probably have two cables connected to a switch since you are receiving all channels on 119 and only odd transponders on 110. If that is indeed the case the cable on the 110 satellite is bad and needs to be replaced. I used to trouble shoot for Dish Network and anytime you are receiving only odd or even transponders on a satellite, your cable is bad. If you replace the cable yourself, you cannot replace it with any cable, the cable must be RG-6 2.25 GHz MINIMUM preferably a 3.0 GHz cable.

thanks guys for your help. I think we better call a tech to come and look at it. My husband is losing his patience with it. :rolleyes:

We have two cables - you are correct. Maybe we can fix it ourselves (I'll give my husband a day or two) :) What about the connections - as long as we're doing it should we replace these as well?

We have two cables - you are correct. Maybe we can fix it ourselves (I'll give my husband a day or two) :) What about the connections - as long as we're doing it should we replace these as well?

I'm not sure which connections you may be referring to, but I would perform a visual inspection on all outside connections beginning at the dish all the way to the receiver. Like I said before, my suspicion is the cable. There could be anything from a bad connector on the cable to a nick in the cable from the lawn mower (I've seen this many times). Reviewing your previous posts, I'm not sure how bad the dish was bent, but if it was bent bad enough, the actual dish may need replacing. One final question I forgot to ask is how many receivers do you have connected in the system and how many tvs? If you have more than one receiver, do you have any problems on the second receiver? You'll want to know if only one is affected or all. Let me know how you do.

Thought I would give you guys an update. We replaced the RG-6 cables from the switch to the LMB. Still had the same problem with getting opposite channels on the tvs. I called Dish Network ...talked to a nice lady from THE PHILLIPPINES! Any way we tried to troubleshoot it, ended up scheduling a service tech (which lives about 1/2 hour away). Seems we had the wires switched which is why one tv only got channels from satellite 110 and the other tv only had channels from 119. They re-replaced the 2 sets of cables wtih only 2 singles, put in a new switch box, lined the dish up and now my husband is happy watching the football games. Needless to say, I have been relieved of my lawn mowing duties! Thanks alot guys for trying to help. This is a great website!

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you have two dual LNBs on your dish connected to a sliver switch and then lines going to your receivers. I used to install and troubleshoot for dish and everything sounds like what I would have done to fix your system. Also sounds like they also peaked your dish while they were there. You shouldn't have any further problems aside from severe weather. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts