Transponder Problems on AMC-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep that would work

plug the C-Band side into the 13v & 18v side and the KU LNB will go in the 13v+22k & 18v+22k side

Hook up receivers and the only thing you have to change is on the KU sat in the menu you have to turn the 22k on

yep that would work

plug the C-Band side into the 13v & 18v side and the KU LNB will go in the 13v+22k & 18v+22k side

Hook up receivers and the only thing you have to change is on the KU sat in the menu you have to turn the 22k on
Ok great..I will have to run another RG-6 from the C-band's other output. Luck would have it I just got a 1000' roll. I'll let ya know..Thanks again guys.

well let me bounce this off of ya
Since both are fixed (and one is at 87W C-Band) unless you really want the horse race track feeds that are on the vertical side (they are feeds) just plug the LNB into the 18v side. The receiver will only get the H side.

Another option would be if you use the 83W KU dish only for RTV/Tuff TV you could turn that LNB 90 degrees. Then the receiver would pick them up on a vertical TP (because skew is wrong). Then hook the cable to the 13V side

I did that a long time ago back when Equity Broadcasting had a bunch of stations on 123W KU vertical. I took a 3x4 multiswitch and plugged that cable into the 13v side, plugged the fixed dish from 99W C-Band into the 18v side. Was able to pump the nets and Equity through the house with one receiver

Here is the thread from 2006
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/63099-do-you-think-possible.html

well let me bounce this off of ya
Since both are fixed (and one is at 87W C-Band) unless you really want the horse race track feeds that are on the vertical side (they are feeds) just plug the LNB into the 18v side. The receiver will only get the H side.

Another option would be if you use the 83W KU dish only for RTV/Tuff TV you could turn that LNB 90 degrees. Then the receiver would pick them up on a vertical TP (because skew is wrong). Then hook the cable to the 13V side

I did that a long time ago back when Equity Broadcasting had a bunch of stations on 123W KU vertical. I took a 3x4 multiswitch and plugged that cable into the 13v side, plugged the fixed dish from 99W C-Band into the 18v side. Was able to pump the nets and Equity through the house with one receiver

Here is the thread from 2006
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/63099-do-you-think-possible.html
Well not sure whats up with the 4x4 switch but no signal at all on the KU no matter what settings I use in the antenna setup. But the good news is that the other T/P's are now coming in so we are making progress.

What kind of LNB is it? Standard (10750) or Universal (9750/10600)?

If Universal that wont work then as the LNB needs to inject a 22k tone and the multiswitch already is taking that option

Then it should work. Try and swapping the cables around. Put the KU on the 0k side and the C-Band on the 22k side and see if that helps. Make sure to change the settigns in antenna setup to 22k on for C-Band
(make sure to power off the receiver with switch on back so you dont do possible damage to the switch or LNB)

Then it should work. Try and swapping the cables around. Put the KU on the 0k side and the C-Band on the 22k side and see if that helps. Make sure to change the settigns in antenna setup to 22k on for C-Band
(make sure to power off the receiver with switch on back so you dont do possible damage to the switch or LNB)
Alright, I will try that..thats the only thing I didnt try up til the time I ran out of daylight...but at one time I did have the 3800's on one of the boxes that wasnt getting them before, so we are on the right track.

Well heres the latest..I must have gremlins in my system or something. I was looking at the signal levels in the screen where you hit the info button three times. I was sitting on one of the 3800 T/P's and the signal was 45% and the Q was 9%. all of a sudden i noticed that the green light on the front of the rec lit up and the signal level jumped up to 85% and the Q went to 74%. I had changed back to the original DP-34 switch. Have no idea why it did what it did. Am now getting all the channels. Will be interesting to see if it holds.

Have'nt had the chance to work on my system til today, weather has been rotten. I ordered a different LNB with a lower noise figure,(13 vs 17) and 10 more db gain. Also was poking around in my shop & to my surprise found an almost full 1000' roll of RG-11. A bud who works for the local C-vision company gave me some compression connectors. The 4x4 switch that Iceberg suggested showed up but ended up being a 3x4 by mistake. Barb at sadoun was real nice and told me how to fix that problem via the US mail. Meantime I changed out the geosat pro c2 with a dmx-241. Ran the RG-11 and tried a little peaking with the wife was watching the sig meter and calling out numbers over a walkie-talkie. After all that I was baffled by the fact that I still did'nt gain much if any signal. Maybe when the zinwell 4x4 switch shows up I will have some luck. Short of buying a highend signal meter I'm not sure what the key is.

Have'nt had the chance to work on my system til today, weather has been rotten. I ordered a different LNB with a lower noise figure,(13 vs 17) and 10 more db gain. Also was poking around in my shop & to my surprise found an almost full 1000' roll of RG-11. A bud who works for the local C-vision company gave me some compression connectors. The 4x4 switch that Iceberg suggested showed up but ended up being a 3x4 by mistake. Barb at sadoun was real nice and told me how to fix that problem via the US mail. Meantime I changed out the geosat pro c2 with a dmx-241. Ran the RG-11 and tried a little peaking with the wife was watching the sig meter and calling out numbers over a walkie-talkie. After all that I was baffled by the fact that I still did'nt gain much if any signal. Maybe when the zinwell 4x4 switch shows up I will have some luck. Short of buying a highend signal meter I'm not sure what the key is.
I may be peaked out...Please everyone throw in your 2 cents on this one. BTW i forgot to mention that my cable run is about 135-150 feet. Changed the RG-6 to RG-11.

I may be peaked out...Please everyone throw in your 2 cents on this one. BTW i forgot to mention that my cable run is about 135-150 feet. Changed the RG-6 to RG-11.
Worked on it most of the afternoon. After peaking & tweaking on the feeds focal and adjusting the scaler, checked the elevation. It seemed I only gained a very little bit of signal, so I guess the dish is peaked as far as I can get it.

I have been having problems the past few days with Amc 3. I have a dsr 922 and a Fta slaved off of that. Both receivers have worked good until recently. Now on fa can not receive Nasa and can receive Metv and Nasa limo channel. Also on dsr 922 was picking up all three networks ABC NBC and CBS on channels 600-602.

Eliminate all switches and consecutively compare all three receivers on the same line in. If there is no difference, it is not the receivers and then look to the switches. If the receivers are different, test signal voltage out from each receiver.

Then you would use the 4x4 multiswitch that satelliteav mentions.

Here is how it would be setup (courtesy of anole)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/134124-switch-setups-simplified.html#post1344314

attachment.php
Ok I have the 4x4 switch in place like the diagram that Iceberg posted for me. My question is what settings on the three receivers as far as the Diseqc ports ?

Diseqc stays OFF

You turn the 22k ON or OFF depending on which LNB is hooked to which port on the multiswitch

Diseqc stays OFF

You turn the 22k ON or OFF depending on which LNB is hooked to which port on the multiswitch
Yippee...Ice I think I may have it...I am scanning all the C-band sats now and am getting both polarities which I was only getting H before. I will set the 22k on for the Ku when I get up to the satellite that the fixed antenna is on. Let ya know...Thanks Man !!!

Diseqc stays OFF

Ok...After some ajusting and scanning I am getting everything up there. Thanks for the help guys. I changed the LNB back to the dual output and added the 4x4 switch set the receivers up to match the switch and LNB and rescanned. All is well. Also added a Pansat AP-600 positioner and programmed all the birds in my actuator range. Plenty of TV now..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)