Transponder - Symbol Rate Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Look Up

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Colorado
I'm new to FTA but have had success in getting all the signals on Galaxy 25 (97W). I'm keeping the dish pointed at 97W, and have added another lnb and now get the Pentagon Channel on AMC 1 (103W). I'm using an AT9 DTV dish with Techsat Tracker II+ 0.2 dB lnb's. Before settling on AMC 1, I was able to get strong signals on 105 and also on 101.

I've added another lnb to hopefully get AMC 3 (87W), but with no luck at all. I've also tried to pick up signals on 91W and 93W with no luck. I noticed that the transponder frequencies and symbol rates listed in my Coolsat 5000 scan list don't match those shown on The List for AMC 3 (they do match for other satellites). I also note that Galaxy 28 and 17 are not in my menu at all. I bought the Coolsat used, so I don't know what someone else may have done to it. Do I need to do a Database reset or a software update? If so, how? (I have the serial cable).

Thanks (by the way, it's a great feeling to get that first signal after setting everything up!)

Congrats! That first Lock does feel good.

I also note that Galaxy 28 and 17 are not in my menu at all
Receiver's Sat Lists are not updated very often and Sats are always being replaced with newer ones with different names.
Example: Galaxy 17 replaced Galaxy 11 @ 91 west earlier this year

I'm using an AT9 DTV dish with Techsat Tracker II+ 0.2 dB lnb's
As big as it is, that dish may be a little small for the weaker FTA Sats. 97west is pretty strong, compared to others.

Thanks for the info. After further searching through old satelliteguys posts, I was able to find the blank satellite entries in my Coolsat 5000 menu and the procedure for adding/updating - the Coolsat receiver is great, but the manual is cryptic at best.

Tron - I will probably start a new thread before too long regarding small dishes with 0.2 dB lnb's since I want to solicit some ideas about my next project before I start. To answer your question though, I simply removed the old lnb and installed the Techsat linear lnb with its face at the same location as the existing center lnb that was on the AT9 and then aimed at 97W. The dish had an Eagle DTVP3 triple-head lnb (which may not be standard, but it had apparently been used for a 101,110,119 setup). I used a nice little bracket (from eBay) that is made for 30-40mm lnb's and attaches by a single nut and bolt through a hole I drilled in the existing arm. Hopefully when I start a new thread, I can post some pictures. The existing side arm that I'm using to get 103W is pretty ugly as I'm still in the prototype stage for installing additional lnb's. On 97W, I'm getting either 66-70 or 88-91 signal quality depending on the transponder. I think I need a minimum of about 63 to lock. So far it's been good through light snow and fog, but we (unfortunately) haven't had a big snowstorm yet. I'm getting about 69 SQ on the Pentagon channel on 103W with the adjacent lnb .

Sounds great! The new (Slimline) dishes that DirecTV is using make such a modification much more difficult, but I have an AT-9 laying around here that was removed from a friend's house. Might be useful after all! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts