Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hey Folks,
Quick question: We will be traveling with our camper this summer, and I would like to bring the H20 along with us. I would like to know if I can use a single LNB dish in place of the five LNB to watch Standard def TV.
The dish is an old DTV with single circular LNB.

Virtually everything you get in SD is on the 101 sat. I note in your "groundstation" you are not currently using an HD Slimline. I assume your dish is, however, at least a 3LNB rec'r. I would suggest the best way to find out is to do a dry run. That's what I do each year with my RV tailgating setup (But I use a D11 rec'r.) I guess that was not a complete answer but I would think using the HD rec'r in this situation would be less than ideal.

I was thinking about doing just that. I also mis-stated the dish type it has 3 LNBs, not 5.
When I first installed it, it would not see the other LNBs needed to get HD, it needed to be left in the stream to receive a software update. So, all things being equal, chances seem good that it will work.
I asked because I wondered if some one has already been through this and could shed some light on the out come.

You will be able to watch the majority of the programming. You most likely won't get locals, some RSN's, and HD.

I do exactly what you are talking about.

When camping I take a single lnb dish (101) and my H20 receiver with a 19" SD TV.
Works great once you find 101, and set it for the single lnb dish (rerun satellite setup)

I get my locals (they're on the 101 sat) and the RSNs (they are too).

NO HD wit the single satellite.

kb2kir,
I do this also, there are other threads you can check out.
I use a 3 LNB set up when I do the camping set up with a tripod.
Set up a cables from the dish assembly about 3 -5 foot long and use barrels to connect, this will make the set up and break down easier.

Don't forget to check the dish set up for where your going, you can generally do this ahead of time and leave the azmith to be the last thing you do, you cannot do that till you get there anyways, but the elevation and tilt you can get a general idea ahead of time.

Jimbo

Also remember the H20 dosen't have ch3/4 outputs. You need TVs with AV inputs or a standalone modulator.

I currently use a Polaroid 15 inch HD flat screen with HDMI cable to the H20.
Although I have done this with a standard def. DTV receiver, I did not know it could be done with the H20 as there several LNBs on the dish. Standard Def. is better than NO tv.
Great to know as we have limited vacation time this year, so we'll be taking a lot of weekend trips to local campgrounds.
Thanks to all who responded to my cry for help....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts