Traverse City, MI Moving to Eastern Arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following was sent to DISH Network Retailers...

In order to streamline our business processes and launch more content, DISH Network plans to transition some DMAs from a Western Arc to Eastern Arc designation during the third quarter of 2010. Effective August 18, 2010, the Traverse City, Michigan DMA will transition from a Western Arc designation to an Eastern Arc designation. Therefore, beginning August 18, 2010, all new customers in the Traverse City, MI DMA must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment solution (a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations and only ViP®- series/MPEG-4 equipment), unless they select DishLATINO or international programming.

New SD or HD DISH Network customers in the Traverse City, MI DMA must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment solution (a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations and only ViP-series/MPEG-4 equipment), unless they select DishLATINO or international programming. Please see below for the equipment solutions for DishLATINO or international programming.

o DishLATINO – New SD customers who select any DishLATINO programming must be installed with a DISH 500 antenna pointed to the 110° and 119° orbital locations. New HD customers who select any DishLATINO programming must be installed with a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations, and a wing antenna pointed to the 110° orbital location for DishLATINO programming.

o International – New SD customers who select any international programming must be installed with a DISH 500+ antenna pointed to the 110°, 119° and 118.7° orbital locations. New HD customers who select any international programming must be installed with a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°orbital locations, and a wing antenna pointed to the 118.7° orbital location for international programming.

I am one who is affected by this. I have been waiting for HD locals for some time and they are finally added, except on 61.5. I have a 1000.2 dish. A few questions.

As an existing customer would they switch me for free? Or should I just buy a 1000.4?

What is the 1000.5 dish?

I already have the necessary equipment to add a wing dish to 61.5, would this work, since I get the rest of my channels from the WA?

I am one who is affected by this. I have been waiting for HD locals for some time and they are finally added, except on 61.5. I have a 1000.2 dish. A few questions.

As an existing customer would they switch me for free? Or should I just buy a 1000.4?

What is the 1000.5 dish?

I already have the necessary equipment to add a wing dish to 61.5, would this work, since I get the rest of my channels from the WA?

If you already have the wing dish for the 61.5 then put it up and hook it into the LNB in spot on the 1000.2. Win win there... you'll get your channels and you don't have to wait for someone to install it.

Let us know if you need help on installing it... it's a little tricky since you have to find the signal before you can hook up to the 1000.2.

The DDDCs like to look busy I tell you that, I guess we can gleem from all this that the full suite of internationals will not be mirrored at 61.5 in MPEG4 8PSK any time soon, sounds like the new satellite won't be used for much since HD conus is moving off too, like everything else dish does this one flounders too.

Seems like the better solution then all these WA to EA swaps would be to convert all WA to MPEG4/8PSK already and also elminate all SD duplicates of HD in both arcs, this would free up so much more capacity. Dish is just further creating a bastardized system with the EA markets. Seems like they are just winging it and creating a hodge podge of problems further down the road, even right now they have put these new EA HDs locals on Conus TPs. WHY on conus?

If you already have the wing dish for the 61.5 then put it up and hook it into the LNB in spot on the 1000.2. Win win there... you'll get your channels and you don't have to wait for someone to install it.

Let us know if you need help on installing it... it's a little tricky since you have to find the signal before you can hook up to the 1000.2.

Thanks for that information, I would have been trying forever probably. But knowing that I need to find the signal first, I should be able do it without a problem, I have pointed dishes many times before.

Yep, you just can't tie in the wing dish and put it on 61.5 to adjust for signal. The receiver does not know to switch to that fourth port to snag 61.5.

I would just disconnect the cable from the receiver, connect it to the wing dish by itself. Do a check switch. Accept the warning that you have less satellites , this will tell the receiver you have just one LNB. I believe it will show CONN (not 100%) for the LNB. Then put it on 61.5 and start trying to find the signal (make sure you use a working national transponder...Check TheList tab at the top to confirm). Lock in 61.5 as high as you can get it. Then hook up the wing to the 1000.2. Put the cable back from the receiver to the 1000.2. Do a check switch and you should have 110/119/129/61.5 and be good to go.

The conversation on East/West Arcs brings the question to mine, why does Dish care what sats you are using as long as one gets what they want and pay their bill? LOS for 110 and 119 but not 129. LOS for 61.5 but not 72 and 77. I am happy leave me alone.

I've been waitng for TC locals in HD. Funny thing is they just replaced my 2 dishes with a 1000.2(I think) 2 weeks ago. Looks like I'll be needing another new dish.

What do I need

So...I have a Superdish and a Dish 500 that were put in my original install. I always assumed the Dish 500 was just for the locals. What will I have to do to get HD locals and who should I contact?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)