Traxis 3500 Diseqc oddity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I have a brand new out of the box Traxis.3500. Quite pleased so far, downers are that the main on off switch is dinky compared to the Coolsat and Merc II and the remote is somewhat better organized than the Merc but not as good as the Coolsat.

Most everything I have checked with regard to operation seems to be ok with one exception. I am controlling a number of fixed dishes both C and Ku band, through an Ecoda 22 K which runs two diseqc 4 port switches to control the lnbs (all standard). I scanned in Hispasat (22K on, port 1) and NSS806 (on/3) no problem but then AMC6 (off/1) starts scanning in G10 which is 22K on, port 2.

Normally I would assume I have fried my diseqc switches and they are bleeding voltage across ports, however when I reconnect my Coolsat it handles AMC6 scanning through the same switch setup just fine. Anyone else have diseqc issues on a Traxis?

Anyone else have diseqc issues on a Traxis?
Now that you mention it, yes.
My DiSEqC Switch seems slow to, or doesn't always, re-act to commands, Motor re-acts immediately.
Take the Traxis out, and all seems normal.
Of course, using the cheapest Switches available.

I've had issues with slow response from DiSEqC switches on both my Pansat 2700 and the Visionsat IV-200, so I believe this is more of a switch issue than a receiver problem. On rare occasions, I have to do a hard reset (rear power switch) to fix this issue. Again, this has been on both a Pansat and a Visionsat.

I've had issues with slow response from DiSEqC switches on both my Pansat 2700 and the Visionsat IV-200, so I believe this is more of a switch issue than a receiver problem. On rare occasions, I have to do a hard reset (rear power switch) to fix this issue. Again, this has been on both a Pansat and a Visionsat.

I would suggest just toggling the LNB power with the remote. If that fixes it then it probably isn't a receiver issue.

Usually toggling the channels fixes it (going to a channel on a different port, then back again). This is what leads me to believe it is a switch issue. My switch is three years old, but the problem has always occasionally been there. Gillham, next time its really stubborn, I'll do as you suggested. Thanks :)

This morning I tried to simplify the situation a bit and removed the 22 K switch. Now the Traxis is scanning all four birds correctly. The only diffs I can think of are that it is warmer now than it was (-3C compared to -20C before, the diseqc switch is out in the cold but the 22K is inside in the relative warm) and the 22 K is out of the loop. More data to come when I have time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)