Traxis DBS 2500 Receiver Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mantru

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Hi Everyone,
I bought a Traxis DBS 2500 receiver and dish from Chuck Harder last summer when I lived near Tulsa Oklahoma. I installed the dish and tuned in Galaxy 10R and AMC4 with no problem. I then moved to the Des Moines Iowa area. I somehow reset the receiver to the factory default and now the tv picture is 'tiling'. (I believe that is the word for it) which makes it hard to see anything. Any advice on how to correct this situation would be appreciated. I am not currently watching FTA because of the receiver problem and I plan on installing my FTA dish where my Father-in-law now has his Dish Network dish. His contract expires on the 21st of this month.
Thanks for your input.

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US forum. I really like the Traxis DBS 2500 one of the best pictures I have seen with a DVB receiver. Sounds like you need to try to tweak the signal a little better as the problem sounds to me like the dish is not quite getting enough signal, also see the below link as it may help. One tip I have is to remove the reflector on the dish and put it back on again without tightening up the four bolts that hold it in place too much as this can sometimes pull the dish out of shape, also make sure the LNBF is set as far back away form the dish as it can be in the holder, then you can always try rotating the LNBF left or right (skew) to pull in as much signal quality as possible, good luck!

http://www.dmsiusa.com/trouble_shooter.htm

http://www.dmsiusa.com/dbs2500.htm

Sounds like the signal quality is worse than it used to be. Make sure you're pointing the dish at its highest possible signal quality, then if you still have problems, check the connections and the cable.

Edit: Pete beat me to it. :) What he said.

Tiling

I don't think that the factory default is a problem.

The tiling or pixiling you refer to usually comes from the dish needing to be better oriented (just a tad up, down, left, or right).

Check your "signal quality" ("signal strength" is not important). When "signal quality" dips to 37%-40% on the Traxis, the image will break up. Try to get somewhere between 50% and 75% signal quality, if you can, when you reorient your dish.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)