Tri Cities TN/VA Locals Problem...

jdmcs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Charlottesville, VA
I was just on the phone with E* for an unrelated problem when the tech support agent got a pop-up on her screen. She asked me if I was in the Tri Cities TN/VA DMA, which I am not.

If you are in this DMA and are having a problem with your locals, and you choose to call E*, they are asking agents to submit an Uncommon Trend Report containing the signal strength of satellite 105 transponder 2. Take it for what its worth...

I was so glad to see this post, that there was a problem with locals that wasn't on my end.

Our 105 locals go from signal strength 70 to 0 then back to 70, and it's an intermittent problem. Some days it's fine ALL day, other days, it'll go out several times a minute.

So I called DISH, thinking they had a known issue about this, but she said there wasn't anything in her records about it, as far as she knew it was a problem with my switch or something. Strange. My mother's locals are doing the same thing, and she lives about 20 miles away.

Has anyone else out there from the Tri-Cities area found a solution? Or are you having problems?

My mother and I each have a Superdish with locals; she has a DP34 and I have a DPP44.

This problem seems so insignificant, when seeing on tv what all the folks down south are going through. Our hearts and prayers go out to them.

I had the same problem a couple of months ago until finally the locals and several other channels were gone. Dish replaced the the 110 lnb and everything was back to normal afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts