Tribe parts with Borowski

Unbelievable.

A year ago, he was the A.L.'s best closer.

Now, the Indians let him go.

I have lost some of the respect I had for the Tribe.

This is almost as bad as what the Mets did to Randolph, if not worse.

Unbelievable.

Huh???? First of all, Borowski was FAR from the best closer. He may have led the league in saves, but he was shaky at best. And what do you expect the Tribe to do if Borowski continued to struggle, keep carting him out there? Sorry Sabres, but you lost me on this one.

I gotta go with Bill on this one, he was FAR from the best closer there was this year, sorry :(
edit: make that last year as well. THe only thing is I wish this wasnt their first move as he isnt the problem, there are alot more then just our closer.

Unbelievable.

Borowski is in the same area as the Tigers Todd (Roller Coaster) Jones, I actually think I would take Jones first, but thats by default as they don't have anyone else.

SabresRule,
Have you ever heard of Mr. Paplebon ???

He's the current best out there as far as Closers go. (definatly last year, thats what you had originally mentioned).

Jimbo

Borowski is in the same area as the Tigers Todd (Roller Coaster) Jones, I actually think I would take Jones first, but thats by default as they don't have anyone else.

Jimbo

I agree, in fact there are several American League closers I would take over Borowski....including last year:

Rivera
Papelbon
Jenks
K-Rod
Ryan (when he's healthy)
Nathan
Putz
Street
Jones

I agree, in fact there are several American League closers I would take over Borowski....including last year:

Rivera
Papelbon
Jenks
K-Rod
Ryan (when he's healthy)
Nathan
Putz
Street
Jones

You'll have to keep naming names if you want to know where I would but Borowski and Todd Jones.

All of the ones you names so far belong ahead of them.

Why can't the Tigers get a # 1 closer ?

I suppose they are hoping that Zumaya will turn into that when old man Jones finally hangs it up, I just hope Joel is still young by then.

Jimbo

Unbelievable.

Sabres, I will have to disagree with you just as Bill and everyone else has.

Borowski overachieved last year. There were no easy saves for him. He always put runners on base before completing the save, often times putting fans in near cardiac arrests. But the fact of the matter was that he did lead the American League in saves, and that's why we brought him back this year.

This year however, Borowski couldn't close out those close games. He also could only manage to get his fastball up to 84mph! An 84mph fastball with no movement is like a slow underhanded softball pitch to Major Leaguers. Clearly there was something wrong. Tribe management put him on the DL for a while to rest. When they activated him, they sent him down to the minors to work on his game. When brought back to the Indians, he still wasn't right. The team did everything they could to make sure this was the correct decision.

The Cleveland Indians aren't a charity and shouldn't feel obliged to keep a player after his prime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)