Tribune Media Services ...........

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
On only one of my three receivers, when you look at the program information, at the bottom it now says: TV Listings (c) Tribune Media Services.

Must have been added sometime last night, but only one reciever has the change so far.

Last edited:
Are they all the same model? All of the different receivers are supposed to be getting this on their next software download.

Does this mean that they are getting different program information now or just that they have added the copyright? I hope that they can improve the movie descriptions which are almost always extremely poor, especially on most VOOM channels.

Yes all the same model - 508. Just checked the other two again. They do not say it at the bottom as the one other of mine does. Otherwise the descriptions appear to be exactly the same.

huh, tribune media sounds familar Tivo maybe hmm
dish the creator of the dvr, cant create own in house tv listings.
Huh well this may actually be an improvement as tivo far superior to any *ish junk IMHO!
the only positives i see for *ish dvrs
1. caller id display
2. tv 1 tv 2 instead of arrow down on tivo remote with directv tivos series 2
Other those 2 features Tivo wins hands down in my book!

Last edited:
Tribune Media is best known as a newspaper content syndicator (including tv listings in the paper.) They also own online tv listings guide Zap2it.
yup, i know they do listings for bell starchoice and many cable systems in canada as well thanks to their affiliation present or past with Tivo

Is this the same Tribune (or affiliate) that owns the Fox Stations in Sacramento and Seattle that Dish can't come to agreement with on retransmission consent for Local HD?

On only one of my three receivers, when you look at the program information, at the bottom it now says: TV Listings (c) Tribune Media Services.

Must have been added sometime last night, but only one reciever has the change so far.

I saw that added to my 625 about 2 weeks ago. I guess DISH is telling me who to complain to when the guide info is wrong! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts