Tried to cancel

Spectrum called me today, trying to get me to drop Dish. I have their internet & phone. No DSL out here. But those CSR's sure try to talk a person into anything. My contract with Dish runs out later this year with my discounts. I will see what they will offer me then. I own my equipment, only one vip211k, and it works well. I have AT250, Movie pack, HBO, & the add on News Pack to get BBC World. I used to watch BBC World off the internet, without the number of ads like on Dish. I may have gotten a raw UK feed at the time, but the Dish version has way too many ads, so I will drop the news pack & HBO after the contracts run out. They gave me HBO for $10 a month, but I only watch a couple shows on HBO, hardly worth the $10 a month.

I understand HBO is running the new season of Doc Martin. Are they also rerunning the first episodes? This might get me to subscribe.

But we already have way too much to watch.

I understand HBO is running the new season of Doc Martin. Are they also rerunning the first episodes? This might get me to subscribe.

But we already have way too much to watch.
Have not looked, but I would assume they would be available on demand or via HBO Go.

Spectrum called me today, trying to get me to drop Dish. I have their internet & phone. No DSL out here. But those CSR's sure try to talk a person into anything. My contract with Dish runs out later this year with my discounts. I will see what they will offer me then. I own my equipment, only one vip211k, and it works well. I have AT250, Movie pack, HBO, & the add on News Pack to get BBC World. I used to watch BBC World off the internet, without the number of ads like on Dish. I may have gotten a raw UK feed at the time, but the Dish version has way too many ads, so I will drop the news pack & HBO after the contracts run out. They gave me HBO for $10 a month, but I only watch a couple shows on HBO, hardly worth the $10 a month.

Be sure Spectrum is clear about equipment fees and what the price will be (plus any subsequent increases) once the promo period is done. Also, understand that they will not be willing to give you another promo rate again unless you leave completely (including Internet and Phone) and come back later. Finally, as with most providers these days, any change in programming (aside from premiums) has the risk of killing any promo rates you might have, so be sure of what you want before ordering. These really aren't too different from dealing with most of these companies, but Charter has a really bad reputation after the TWC merger when it comes to this stuff.

Don't fall for it unless they have new equipment in your area. Spectrum's standard equipment in most areas is ancient, and makes even a Dish VIP622 dvr look like a starship compared to Spectrum's being a Yugo. Reboots at random, losing the guide which takes two days to repopulate, all sorts of crap.

Their internet service is worth it, NOT their tv service

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
You can't just call and cancel once you sign the 2-year contract that the installer gives you.

I guess she is telling you not to sign the contract if you aren't satisfied with the equipment, but that will get you an angry installer at your house.

I'll put money on the bet that you will indeed be on a commitment. Dish does not do upgrades without it. Another CSR telling you what you want to hear, I wager.

I’m $ure he can call and ea$ily cancel. It’ll be $imple......

I just got done messaging with DiRT, and although there was a note to waive the commitment it was not waived. However, as of now she verified that it is waived (going forward any hardware upgrades will require a 2 year commitment). Of course I am sure that this will be moot as I am told all of my issues will be corrected with the Hopper3 and a new Joey.

I am told all of my issues will be corrected with the Hopper3 and a new Joey

They will have the same CUI obviously, but the speed difference will be night and day over the Hopper 1 and the decrepit Joey 1. Just remember they might act a little strange for the first day or two until the new Hopper settles in. That is normal with pretty much all fresh Hopper installs.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, I don't see it either. Did we lose some emoji?

I don't think we ever had a good laughing emoji. Here's a few of my favorites from other boards if Scott wants to add them:

rofl.gif
smilielol5.gif
lol.gif

You can't just call and cancel once you sign the 2-year contract that the installer gives you.

I guess she is telling you not to sign the contract if you aren't satisfied with the equipment, but that will get you an angry installer at your house.

I'll put money on the bet that you will indeed be on a commitment. Dish does not do upgrades without it. Another CSR telling you what you want to hear, I wager.

I’m $ure he can call and ea$ily cancel. It’ll be $imple......

Sorry to disappoint, but the tech is here now. I asked him to check (and show me) before starting to make sure there is no commitment, “wow, I have never seen this before, no 24 month commitment”.

Reactions: TheKrell and ncted
And will probably be with Dish for 2 years anyway! :D

As long as the Hopper3 and Joey3 correct the issues that the CUI introduced on my original hardware configuration, and Dish continues to keep my price competitive, then yes I bet I will be around for a while.

Reactions: gasman882001
Well please do keep us posted on the performance of the new hardware!

Will do, I am still in the 48 hour settle in cycle, but so far performance wise it is much better than my old setup (Hopper1, Hopper2, Joey1). It has been transferring the remaining recordings that wouldn't move to my EHD from my old Hopper2 since Sunday, but as of this morning I am finally seeing some stuff showing up.

Reactions: david_jr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)