Status
Please reply by conversation.

srinath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Montreal (Quebec)
Here is the whole story:

Tuesday I was going to the office in the morning when I saw that a local restaurant/bar was being demolished and I knew that they had this black mesh BUD. I said to my self that in the way back to home I would to speak with the guys working there If I could have the BUD.

Unfortunately when drove by in the afternoon there was no one in sight and the BUD was already in the ground. (picture)

Wednesday morning I went there again and spoke with the demolition guy If could have the dish. He said yes.

This morning I went there with my tools hoping that I would be able to unmount this monster and bring it home. Unfortunately, again, I don't have the right tools, time and staff to deal with this monster.

All I could do is remove the LNB and walk away with a broken heart.

If anyone lives in Montreal area (Saint-Hubert / Longueuil) and want to try to save it, I can give more details where to find it.

Attachments

• IMG_20100923_093615.jpg
    IMG_20100923_093615.jpg
    948.6 KB · Views: 285
That is a very sad picture !!!

Thanks for the story - - - -

I think you need a disclaimer on the picture - - - "Not for the weak of heart" :eek::eek:

Very sad indeed !!!:down

That's scrap metal now, doubt anybody could save it. Too bad you couldn't grab it before they messed it up.

You could salvage the upper pannels.Just buy a cheap 4 1/2" grinder (20-$30oo) plus gogles,and cut the bolts off.Just a thought.

It looks like a good chunck of pole laying there!

A lot of bars and restaurants in my area have poles that are a good 20 feet above the ground! It is hard to tell in your photo on how long it actually is. If there is any length to it, I would grab it! ;)

A lot of bars and restaurants in my area have poles that are a good 20 feet above the ground! It is hard to tell in your photo on how long it actually is. If there is any length to it, I would grab it! ;)

It is pretty long, but they bended it when removing.
To be able to grab it, I would need to unbolt the antenna and cut the pole, but again, I don't have the tools. :-(

And to do all this all by me self is kind of hard.

Absolutely! Most people would think that the pole isn't worth much, but shops that sell those poles want outrageous amounts of money for them... Definitely worth the time and effort if there is a salvageable pole.

And to do all this all by me self is kind of hard.

I know how you feel... I had to roll an 8.5' Paraclipse nearly a mile one early morning because I couldn't find anyone to help :D ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)