Trimax SM2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Trimax was like having a TV and FTA Receiver, which was nice checking things out, but much easier using the SuperBuddy.

Thanks very much guys, I have to say it was not the answer I was expecting so it sure proves there is no substitute for experience.

In Europe I use a Satlook NIT because the spectrum is good for tweaking weak TPs. Now Trimax have added the spectrum I thought it might prove more useful and the price was alot less than the Superbuddy. That should have told me.

Thanks again

To describe the trimax spectrum analyzer as usless would be giving it to much credit. Its of no use at all.

I have a satlook nit and although it has a few short comings is a still a great tool. The trimax is of no use at all as a spectrum analyzer.

The trimax imo is far better then a birdog but stick to the satlook nit for a spectrum.

I've used all three and only the satlook I kept.

I received my Trimax 2500 today. While its a nice toy it really wasn't what I thought it would be.

My dream was to have a device (?? SuperBuddy ?? ) that I could connect to the satelite and and have it tell me what satellite I am on with out me having to do any thinking.

This on the other hand required me to manually enter the transponders and the satellites by hand. Thank god for the serial interface on my computer.

I think for a hobbiest such as myself I will be fine because I can afford to dink around and learn as I go, however that being said, if I where a professional installer this isn't the tool I would buy.

In all fairness the spectrum analyzer did help me out when I needed to adjust my dish. For those of you are ham radio operators the spectrum analyzer on the Trimax is more like the Icom 746 (Original) implementation vs the Icom 756 Pro2 (Fast scanning / real time).

Hope that helps.

I have the Trimax 2500 satellite meter. Most of the functions on this device I understand but there is one thing I have not figured out with it. How to add a satellite to the meter. There is a list of pre-programmed satellites and I'm trying to determine how to delete the satellites on that list and add new satellites.

The manual to this device does not address this issue. If anyone has experience with this meter and can offer suggestions how to add a satellite to this meter please offer your suggestions.

Former Cbandguy said:
How to add a satellite to the meter. There is a list of pre-programmed satellites and I'm trying to determine how to delete the satellites on that list and add new satellites.

i think there is editing software at the site for this meter that way you can customize it to your liking. but this unit is basically a STB & monitor in one so there is probably a way to add sats with the keypad, it would just be easier to use the editing software on your pc and upload it.

Much easier to use the software available at;

Trimax SM-2500 Software

One thing I did when created the satelite entris on my PC is to the naming..

I always enter the spot in the sky before the sat name. For example: 97 W - G25

Much easier when I am in a hurry.

I decided to use the MeterV1.2 program to download the satellite information. I connected the USB hub cable to the bottom of the satellite meter and the other end of the cable which is the USB serial port which I had one open on the back of the computer. When I double clicked the Meter V1.2 icon, it came up with a windows message "MeterV1.2 failed to connect to COM1" so I have no connection directly to the satellite meter. I know that I have a connection to the internet but it seems like it is failing to recognize the port. This is the only port I have open so how do I determine why there is no connection to this port? Is there any configuration setting within my computer that I have to set? I spoke to my computer manufacturer and they seem to think it is an issue with the satellite meter. Where do I go from here. Please help. Thanks.

What version on Windows are you running 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista or Windows 7.

Trimax with new NIT software upgrade is pretty cool. No complaints for purchasing it, ($499.00 Canadian Funds last year), it really helped me set up my 12 ft C and Ku band Mesh Dish for Sats 57.9 to 139.0W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)