Triple LNB, 4 outputs, how to run more than 4 Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looper

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Newbie here...thanks in advance for your patience. Building a new house...my family is full of news junkies. While we don't watch TV all of the time, during morning and evening hours, we have some conflic tin preferred channels...throw in a TiVO and sometimes we like to have more than 4 distinct channels on DirecTV available.

Question is this...have a triple LNB dish with built in multiswitch at the LNBs. I do have HDTV in my theater too. I have been reading past posts looking for the answer and not sure I have seen the best suggestion to take the 4 outputs and turn them into 5 or more for 5 or more separate receivers.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

And for kicks and grins, I'll take any input on the latest and greatest, cool wiring, home theater ideas...in order to keep the topic of the forum as intended, feel free to email me directly.

Beauty. Just what I needed. Any tips or tricks otherwise? Looks pretty striaght forward....

Thanks,

LK

Looper said:
Newbie here...thanks in advance for your patience. Building a new house...my family is full of news junkies. While we don't watch TV all of the time, during morning and evening hours, we have some conflic tin preferred channels...throw in a TiVO and sometimes we like to have more than 4 distinct channels on DirecTV available.

Question is this...have a triple LNB dish with built in multiswitch at the LNBs. I do have HDTV in my theater too. I have been reading past posts looking for the answer and not sure I have seen the best suggestion to take the 4 outputs and turn them into 5 or more for 5 or more separate receivers.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

And for kicks and grins, I'll take any input on the latest and greatest, cool wiring, home theater ideas...in order to keep the topic of the forum as intended, feel free to email me directly.

Any cascadable multi-switch will do for you. Depends on how many outputs you need. I'd suggest (if possible) that you install the switch in a climate controlled environment and that the power supply be plugged into a non-GFI protected outlet. If you plan on using the OTA port on the switch, make sure your OTA antenna is plugged into the switch, then plug the pig tail from the power supply into the switch, then plug the power supply into the AC.

Good luck and enjoy your receivers/Tivos!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)