Triple LNB Dish...More Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gluck75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Manhattan
Currently I have a Triple LNB dish attached to one standard receiver, one HD Receiver and one Tivo(only using one of tuners on the TIVO because this TV also has the HD receiver hooked up to it).

I want to add...one more standard receiver AND one more HD receiver for other rooms. Is this possible with my existing dish and account? What would have to be done(besides buying the receivers)???

I have a thriple LNB and I currently feed 1 HDTV and 6 standard receivers (they could just as well all be HDTV receivers though since the signal is HDTV capable throughout the house) go to dishstore.net and there is an 8 way splitter under the heading of DIRECT TV equip - it's 79.95 and is identical to the one that Direct installed at my house to feed 8

Hope this helps

Tom

I only need 5...I don't need 8. Do I still need to buy a splitter....

Thanks for the response!!!

It's not a splitter, it is a 5x8 multiswitch. And yes, you will need the 5x8 even if you only need 5 hookups. They do not make a 5x6 switch that I know of.

Al

If you have a switch made for outdoor use, you can use outside, but I always recommend indoor placement. You will connect all 4 wires from your Phase 3 dish antenna to the multiswitch, then connect each tuner hookup to the switch.

The 5th input on a 5 x 8 switch is for OTA. If you do not have a seperate OTA cable to your HD boxes for instance, you can input the OTA into the switch, and use a diplexer at each tuner to seperate the OTA and SAT frequencies to input into the tuner.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)