Tripod and AT9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crystal Pepsi Ball

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I was scheduled for an install today for a H20 and AT9 dish. The installer stated that the tripod that he had would not work with the new KA/KU dish. My question is, is there a tripod that will work to get KA/KU. Also I have a post with a bucket with cement, could the installer screw the mounting bracket onto the dish.

Thanks for the repliew.

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
I was scheduled for an install today for a H20 and AT9 dish. The installer stated that the tripod that he had would not work with the new KA/KU dish. My question is, is there a tripod that will work to get KA/KU. Also I have a post with a bucket with cement, could the installer screw the mounting bracket onto the dish.

Thanks for the repliew.

Better off buying a NPR mount

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:

Thanks for the repliew.

if the tech is from the MSP or HSP programs, we are forbidden to do a bucket mount. we HAVE to do PERMANENT installs. mounted on buildings or cemented poles in the earth.

Bucket mounts kick @$$.

No chance of 50 MPH winds moving a AT9 in a 5 gallon bucket!!!

I have had a three LNB dish in a bucket mount for years and have never had to adjust it. We even had a tree blow down 15 feet from the dish and did not have any probelms. We get lots of wind here in Kansas.

I say mount it in a bucket, if the wind ever hits it it only has a fail rating of 85 mph and a 100% destroy rating at 100 mph, no problem, the wind could never move it in a bucket. Sarcasm aside, this dish is a windsail, dont use anything less than a tripod, your signal will thank you.

You guys? for heavens sake....I would like to see this dish inside a bucket. Some of you guys need a bullet in the head. I remember seeing a lot of the P*Star dishes inside bucket mounts, don't you ? Silly silly silly installers.

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
You guys? for heavens sake....I would like to see this dish inside a bucket. Some of you guys need a bullet in the head. I remember seeing a lot of the P*Star dishes inside bucket mounts, don't you ? Silly silly silly installers.

yeah, i did a conversion on a dude who had a p* in a 5 gal plaster bucket. his neighbor had his c-band 12 footer in a rubbermaid garbage can:rolleyes: :eek: :D :D

Dragon for heavens sake man, you have an attitude with everything I type. Some of you people are the Mrs. Cravitz's of the forum world. If a man has a 12 foot c-band inside a rubbermaid trash can, I don't even need to say anything else. He was probably throwing it away.

A post anchored with 75 lbs of concrete in a hole in the ground holds mine just fine, thank you. My 5LNB dish withstood up to 65-68 MPH gusts and 40-45 MPH sustained winds for a day with no problems. Why anyone would want to risk putting in the AT-9 without a legitimate mount of some kind is beyond me. :rolleyes:

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
Dragon for heavens sake man, you have an attitude with everything I type. Some of you people are the Mrs. Cravitz's of the forum world. If a man has a 12 foot c-band inside a rubbermaid trash can, I don't even need to say anything else. He was probably throwing it away.

i was agreeing with you...and the guy was using the c-band...claimed it was solid as a rock:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)