tripod setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsappen1

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I have a slimline sl3pig-z lnb. Last year I took it to a football game and could not even get a beep out of my satellite receiver. I now have found out in my home installation, there is a swm ODU only between my splitter and my first receiver. I should have been installed between the satellite and splitter.

My question is this . DO I need the SWM for my portable setup which consists of satellite, direct tv hdr receiver, sony receiver and sound bar, and if so any particular suggestions. I used to have the suitcase receiver and never had any problems with receptions..

Well the SL3 is a non-swm LNB, so it would not need the power supply. The SL3S is a SWM LNB. The key is if the LNB has one port (SWM) or four ports (non-swm).

A key setup on the receiver to switch from swm to "multiswitch" is needed if you switch from a swm lnb to a non-swm lnb. Without changing that you will get nothing. Select "Repeat Satellite Setup".

A non swm lnb requires a bbc inline. That's probably why you didn't get any signal.

True, but it seems like he is looking for hd viewing, and if so, he will need the bbcs. I suspect a combination of no bbcs and improper alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)