Tropical Storm News channel

If I am missing something about the Direct TV special channel not in the news release I may be wrong, but isn't no more than anyone who lives in those areas would get, either by satellite or ota? I guess it provides those not in the affected area with local coverage, but the news channels are running local feeds all the time.
In addition if you have the Superstations or AAD you have access to some local coverage in NY, NJ, CT.

Some of the reasons for these channels are:

- its for people that have evacuated to other cities and they want to watch local coverage of there home.
- relatives wanting to watch local coverage for the area there family is in.
- the general public who may want more detailed information than what the national networks cover.
- the slides they show during commercials cover local emergency info
- the channel is more often used for the southern states for there hurricanes where the super stations do not cover.

like i said the last time when Issac was a big story, the answer is no, we just are lucky to resolve the AMC Network dispute and getting AMC back.

For the most part Isaac was a hugely over done. I was outside walking the neighborhood several times during the storm. Seen thunderstorms with more rain and wind than that.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)