Trouble calling D* Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScottBA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Has anyone else had problems getting through to D* Customer Service recently?

The other day I had a Samsung HD Receiver installed. The installer had trouble getting through to them over the phone, so we decided to activate it online. While this worked pretty smoothly, the installer made a bad decision and chose not to mirror this receiver from my others (I don't think he knew what mirroring was...kinda scary). So, as you can guess, I'm getting charged a separate Total Choice subscription for this new receiver.

Now, I've spent the last two days trying to get ahold of D* to correct this. Everytime I get to an option to speak to a customer service rep, I get a busy signal. I've called in the morning & at evening. No luck.

Any ideas?

I had trouble getting through this last Sunday at kickoff, what a shock. I was not getting the NYG @ PHI and was having a fit ... come to find out the game was at 4:15 not 1:00. I thought it was pretty funny that I could be that stupid.

Just because I am a computer guy and really do not like talking to people on the phone (CSR's anyway) I usually e-mail the customer service team from here. They almost always respond within 24 hours.

I think if you have an issue getting them by phone you should let them know this when you e-mail them to get your mirroring squared away. If they know perhaps they will do something about it. This could be the reason they fell from atop the JD Power rankings after 3 years.

Not to get off topic but that floored me. I had dish for 1 year and all they seem to do is screw their existing customers for every dime they can. I tried their service because they are Colorado based and I live in Colorado. So much for supporting the local economy. I now sell the stock given to me by my company quarterly and turn it into DTV stock ... so far I am doing okay!

Back on topic, D* cannot fix what they do not know is broken. Perhaps LonghornXP could recommend to them (his contact) that they have an agent monitor this forum to see what the customer pulse is, especially for issues like this.

I got through to them early this morning like around 7 but tried to call them back about the same issue around 9:30 and just get a fast busy.

I've read that DirecTV is getting a lot of phone calls because of the NFL blackout problem.

They told me last night that one of their call centers was evacuated and shut down because of Ivan.
Didn't make me feel any better about spending more than an hour on the phone for them to tell me my LNB was the problem when, after changing it, it wasn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)