Trouble fine tuning triple lnb DTV satellite in Knoxville TN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jj1996

Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Trying to get set for tailgaiting. Want to use a triple lnb DTV 18 x 20 dish to get sat 101 for main and sat 119 for locals. We can peg 101 all day at 80 plus, but have had no luck getting anything on 119 or 110. New to all of this, so help is appreciated. Thanks from Knoxville, TN.

Since you do not provide details, I assume you are using some kind of tripod, if so, make sure the tripod or whatever you are using is absolutly plumb, if you got the tilt/az/el right, when you get the 101 in (signals should be in the 90s), the others should line up pretty much automatically, so I'd check the plumb.

Also, make sure it _is_ the 101 you are getting, check how many transponders (101 has 32), as it is easy to hit the wrong sat.

Good luck.

Hey Damaged,

Thanks for the response. As for details, you are correct. I am using a small tripod. I am getting 101 in the 90's. I have verified az, el, tilt, and the plumb of the mast. Is it possible that my signal is being blocked from trees? I am trying to hit these from the ground in my backyard, while my house system is probably 40' in the air. Is 119 more difficult to pull than 101?

provided your settings are correct, mast is plumb, (standing behind the dish) you need to point it a little further right to hit 110/119...you've been hitting 101 but with the wrong LMB. Once you find 101, try setting the receiver signal meter to 119 and move it to the right.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks much for the input. I am going to try to find an unobstructed line of sight and try this thing on the road, which is my end game goal anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts