trouble locating hispasat 30w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
south ms
I am having trouble locating the Hispasat 30w. I am using an older model Ku-Ka dish 25x30 and using a Digiwave standard LNB model DGL-990D with a Manhattan reciever. I have found a frequency 12079H 8183SR doing a blind scan in the direction of the Hispasat 30w with the help of a satellite meter. On the Lyng Sat website showing the Hispasat 30w it does not show such a frequency but I do get about a 70 in quality but no channels. Not sure what it is. I would appreciate any help. thanks.

37.5°W NSS 10
Telstar 11
12081 H 8183
Off my notes when I was messing with a fixed dish, Nothing aimed on it now.
Hispasat should be lower and further east.

Enter or select the TP frequency 11884 V with SR 27500 and FEC 2/3.
Monitor this TP while panning your dish in the azimuth axis SLOWLY and you should pull it in eventually.
Take your time and readjust your dish elevation up or down 1° after each pass in azimuth and retry until you get a "blip" on your Q meter response.
You are in southern MS, so the signal from this sat is there, you just have to be very patient to capture it.

RADAR

for the heck of it I tried for 37.5w today but didn't find it(1meter fixed dish)
I can get 30w and 45w but nothing in between.

for the heck of it I tried for 37.5w today but didn't find it(1meter fixed dish)
I can get 30w and 45w but nothing in between.

37.5°W isn't beaming anything our way (N.A.) currently, as far as I know.
The first, last and only channel that I ever detected was AFLENZ on TP 12052 H SR 3617 FEC 3/4 and that was a PROMO from 2009.

There may be something there on C band, but I don't have the ability to verify this.

RADAR

I was just curious because the original poster said it was a strong signal when he was aiming,unless it was just a wildfeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)