Trouble using DP Plus Seperator + 722

efenili

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Hey all,

I am having trouble using a DP Plus Separator on my VIP 722.

I have a Dish 1000 hooked up to a Dish Pro Videopath Multi-Dish Switch Model DP34

The Switch has 4 satellite outs.
#1 is going to the main room w/ 722
#2 is going to a bedroom w/ HD receiver
#3 & 4 are going to a master bedroom (used to have the 722)

The 722 works fine when using 2 lines direct from the switch but I am trying to hook up the 722 in a new room far away and wanted to just use the Separator and the 1 line going into that room.

When I connect the line directly to the Sat 1 port the TV works fine but the DVR can't record and watch and the same time. Using the Separator I don't seem to be getting any connections.....am I doing something wrong or missing something?

DPP equipment will only work with other DPP equipment. That being said, a DPP Separator will not work with a DP34 switch. You can either cascade another DP34 switch and run second line to the first 722 or change out the DP34 for a DPP33 or DPP44 switch, in which case you can use the DPP Separator on both your 722's.

What about trying the direct cable in to the sat in 2 port? If it is not working on one of the ports then it is the receiver that is giving you the issue. If it works on both inputs directly using one sat feed then try another dpp seperator. You have to find where the signal break is before you can try anything else.

Did you run check switch after you installed it?

I agree. This is correct. Since you had 2 lines going to the receiver and ran check switch it seen that. when you use the separator you have to rerun the check switch again so it will see the separator.

I thought that a DPP seperator must be connected to a DPP LNB or a DPP44? I was under the impression that it had to have at least 2 other DPP pieces. One being the DPP receiver and the DPP LNB?

I thought that a DPP seperator must be connected to a DPP LNB or a DPP44? I was under the impression that it had to have at least 2 other DPP pieces. One being the DPP receiver and the DPP LNB?

You have to use a DPP Switch and not a DP one. You can use DP lnb's into a DPP switch and still be able to use the DPP Separator. Since the OP states DP34 switch being used, the DPP Separator will not work.

ok..
a seperator is DPP only equipment.
That means a dpp LNB must be used. In the case of the necessity of a switch, the ONLY switch that can be used with a DPP seperator IS the DPP44.
DP LNb-------> DPP44-------> one cable to DP Seperator
DPP Twin (or 1000.4/1000.2) LNB -----------> one cable to DP seperator....That's that.

Hey thanks for all the replies....so right now my only real option is changing the switch? If I read correctly.

Do you know if I called Dish would they make the swap for me? At what cost?

Just wanted to update.

I gotta give Dish another 2 thumbs up for service. The sent me out a rep free of charge cause I have been with them for awhile to hook up with DVR in my living room since I only have 1 cable there and a DP34 switch which doesn't allow for a separator.

They came out I explained I just wanted to run another cable to that room then because they told me the cost of a new switch would be a little much, but instead the technician decided it was simply easier to install the DP33 and use a separator in the room. Thats what they did and I am good to go now :)

Thanks Dish...picture is still great and now I can properly record shows.