trouble with 1000.2 setup

jastro

Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I hope I’m in the right forum;
I’m having a problem setting up a 1000.2 dish; when I get 119 and run switch check I only get 129, after several intents I was never able to get 110 and it always show the code “conn”, the only signal I ever got in it was “wrong sat 129”. I move it a little to the left but I lost 129 what am I doing wrong?
Where I may get the settings for my zip code? skew, elevation and azimuth.
By the way the higher the signal I got on 119 was 55, is that OK?
I’m connecting it to a VIP222 K through the triplexer to port 1 and 2 as directed by DN.
Also how I connect the second TV with the coaxial? do I need a switch?
Appreciate all the help I can get

As I have seen mentioned here before, try aluminum foil over the outer two "eyes" and then sight in for 119. It will insure that you are getting 119 on the center LNBF and you can peak it there.

You can go to dishpointer.com and get a good starting point for azimuth, elevation, and skew. As anyone will also tell you, the key to everything is making sure the mast is plumb and level to begin with.

what am I doing wrong?

I’m going crazy with this; I setup a few dishes before and never was so difficult.
I try aluminum foil over the outer two "eyes" and only 129 shows up, indicating “wrong sat”, move it to the left facing the sky on different steps going up n’ down slightly and 119 never came up. And the worst part is that I don’t want to throw the towel lol. I follow your advise Tony because I notice that before I was getting 129 on and 119 on 2, # 3 was always “conn” I think it should be: 119, 110 ‘n 129 in that order am I correct?
Thanks again for your help.

I’m going crazy with this; I setup a few dishes before and never was so difficult.
I try aluminum foil over the outer two "eyes" and only 129 shows up, indicating “wrong sat”, move it to the left facing the sky on different steps going up n’ down slightly and 119 never came up. And the worst part is that I don’t want to throw the towel lol. I follow your advise Tony because I notice that before I was getting 129 on and 119 on 2, # 3 was always “conn” I think it should be: 119, 110 ‘n 129 in that order am I correct?
Thanks again for your help.

If you covered the outer Lnbf and you are getting the 129 sat then you need to make sure your mast is plumb. Then move the dish 9 degrees to the East and down 3-4 degrees. Are you using a meter or are you using the one on the receiver?

I guess the problem was that having one signal lock I was looking for the other around there and it was actually about a ¼“ turn to the east, I have some knowledge but no experience, I finally got everything working and learn something in the way, covering the outer “eyes” did it.
Signal is about 70 on 119 TP21, I didn’t check the others it was enough for me, does it need to be higher?
Now my next step is to get the 2nd TV connected and here is the question: for what I know on VIP222K the 1st set gets the HD’s and our 1st set is last in the line of coaxial wiring in the house.
From the dish on the side wall of the 2nd floor it goes to a couple of sets upstairs sets and then down to the family room, where we want the HD’s.
If I put box upstairs we have HD there but hardly ever watch TV.
There is a way that I can put the box down stairs and have one set upstairs working without sending another cable up?
Thanks again

Run the wire from the dish to the end of the line, instead of the 2nd floor. If the dish is mounted on the second floor, run it on the outside of the house to the 1st location, put your 222 there and feed the 2nd tv up the line. that should work.

I have the dish “relocated after lots of work” on the second floor very close to 3 separate inbound coaxial cables.

#1 goes directly to the main TV in the family room downstairs, direct no splits or return cable; we would like HD there.

#2 goes to the 2nd floor to 2 bedrooms, at the end, passing by a kids’ TV room, where we may like to have the second set, the bedrooms a wired but we don’t watch TV there, (note: in the kids TV room, through the same box passes the coaxial that goes downstairs but directly with no connection between them);

#3 goes to an outside patio gazebo that maybe one option for the 2nd set in especially now that summer is coming; also this one goes down directly without splits or connection with the others.

All wires are inside the walls.
I hope is clear and that we have HD on the Family room and not in the small set of the kids room.

Thanks again for all the info

Glad to hear that the dish is figured out! The rest is not so tricky.

In theory, wherever the receiver is designates TV1.

Do you have diplexers? You would need two and a splitter and everything should be copacetic.

The #1 lead would go to the in/out side of the diplexer, the Sat side would go to the dish itself, the uhf/vhf side to the splitter. The split would be connected to feeds #2 and #3. Make sure you are using quality fittings and splitters, as 'cheap' ones (not to be confused with inexpensive) will degrade pic quality for the SD sets. At the receiver location, the feed from the wall would go to the in/out side of the diplexer again, and then uhf/vhf to the home distribution jack on the receiver. The sat side would go to a separator and then into the inputs on the receiver. That is of course if you are trying to use existing 'hidden' wiring. If you need help acquiring these, let me know.

BTW, the splitter is really only needed if you may be changing TV2 locations as time moves on, or running multiple TV1s and TV2s

Sounds like the problem was, depending on the meter you use, the 129 can mimic the 119 signal and put you off point. Same is true for the 72.7 and 91 at different elevations

I got finally everything working, thanks to the info I found here.

Now the learning process of the 222 box begins, in my area over the air we have many additional channels that don’t show in the list of “available locals”, I saw in the menu an option “scan locals” but in my box is unavailable, is anything I need to do to make it operable and if so, we’ll be able to view them?
If not, is it possible to add the signal of the over the air antenna to my set up without the lost of signal or quality?

I got finally everything working, thanks Tony I also found the option to view either TV1 or TV2 on the other sets, works great.

If not, is it possible to add the signal of the over the air antenna to my set up without the lost of signal or quality?
if the only way to do it is with the over the air module where can I get one of them? Same for the good quality diplexers n’ spliters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)